Blue

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
V.Meldrew

Who is painting the Pillar's and Bins in Donabate "Blue" and why?
pat mustard

dunno ,but they look great,

well done to whoever organised it.
madavagh

Donabate Tidy Towns I believe.
AGarnet

I really do think that it is a great idea getting the long term unemployed to paint the railings and bollards blue. But is "blue" the right colour????????? It looks like driving into the parish a scene from the smurfs, very bad choice of colour!
Mr. Stupid

Blue = Dublin
Blue = Leinster
Blue = Summer's Sky

I think you need to loose the blues and just get the blue!
Last edited by Mr. Stupid on 07 Sep 2014, 13:08, edited 1 time in total.
Bumblebee

Blue September, Keeping the Fight Up Against Mens Cancer!!
AGarnet

I am from A little seaside town in Kerry I don't like Blue.... Green and gold would be much nicer, especially in September as they are always in the final unlike the blues!!!!
Mr. Stupid

AGarnet wrote:I am from A little seaside town in Kerry I don't like Blue.... Green and gold would be much nicer, especially in September as they are always in the final unlike the blues!!!!
Yeah but the only reason for that is because there is no economy in Kerry so you all have much more time for training. Did you come to Dublin to get a job by any chance?
dubsfan

I would like to congratulate the Tidy Towns for all there Hard work in making the village look neater and look so well. Its a credit to them all.
It is my understanding that the committee come out at 5 and 6 in the morning to get the painting done so they do not disturb anyone ...fair play to them, that is some commitment.
It is interesting to see that having lived in Donabate all my life that there are those who will get up and do something to make their village look a nice place to live and there are those who prefer to sit on the fence and knock the work done by others.. an easy thing to do - not so easy to pick up litter or plant flowers or paint a fence.
housey

Well done. Looks great!