Disorganised shoppers

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
estuarine

Yes I know nobody's perfect, it could happen to a bishop (what couldn't nowadays?!) and everything else, but this is beginning to get on my nerves.

I seem to constantly find myself behind people in Supervalu who realise at the very last minute that they've forgotten something. By this time, everything else has been rung in on the till and the rest of the queue just has to stand there and wait. Frequently, it's not a matter of 20 seconds - it can run into minutes. Doubtless Mary from down the road is met on the way and sure you couldn't not ask about Joey's Leaving Cert. Meanwhile, the rest of us just stand there and Supervalu staff play dumb. Of course none of the rest of us has anything urgent to be getting back to. Yesterday, a queue was waiting for up to five minutes because somebody had left their money/cards etc in the carpark.

Yes to err is human but maybe when it happens it would be more considerate to allow others to go ahead by voiding the transaction etc.
diggerbarnes

We've all been there. Don't know how the staff keep their cool.
Got stuck behind this dope last week who ran off as soon as she loaded the whole conveyor with a trolley load. Came back about 5 minutes later, no kidding, with her arms stuffed with more shopping.
The rest of her stuff was waiting to be bagged. She insisted on bagging everything up before going for her purse and paying despite it all being scanned in ages ago. I had 2 cans of beer sitting on the belt and could have paid for those and been home by the time she got all her shopping bagged. Dope.
Vlad the Impaler

I dislike the ones who send the checkout person off to get cigarettes while everyone queues behind them.
Mr. Stupid

What goes around comes around. How many times have you gone up to the Checkout only to find that the 3 for price of 2, or 2 for 3 euro special offer had some condition to it that isn't clearly displayed.
Donny Bate

My pet hate when shopping is when someone comes over to the cashier when I am being served and asks for info on a product and it's location etc. They do this without asking me if it is ok. They should get to the end of the queue or ask a staff member working on the floor.
Harry Byrne

diggerbarnes

Poor us.
jayflame

What really bugs me is people who stand in your way whilst you are looking at something.

You might be standing back from the shelves to view the whole display when someone walks up and stands in front of you without saying anything, not even excuse me.
You then have to ask them to stand aside so you can continue with your browsing.

I have worked in various supermarkets and spend as little time as possible in them.

I go in with the intention of purchasing the basic items I need, but occasionally browse for any other items that take my fancy.
Each time, I come across people that walk around with the appearance of wearing blinkers and are not aware of anyone else around them.
Even to the point of walking out of a shop without looking where they are going.

It is all part of living in a community.
The more people in that community, the greater the risk that someone is going to upset you..

Suggestion, this is what I do.
Count to 10 when someone bugs me.
Shop online
pay someone else to shop for me.

And to think, if you're upset with certain shoppers now, how the hell are you going to manage nearer Christmas or in the January Sales???
Mam

Hi, Vlad I totally agree it's so annoying when the checkout operator leaves their til to get cigarettes etc. firstly the lazy shopper should queue up at the express checkout themselves and secondly SuperValu management shouldn't allow their staff to leave their tils. You wouldn't see that happening in Dunnes, Tesco etc. Also the "express" checkout is for 10 or less items.....in SuperValu Donabate they accept any amount at this particular checkout. I'm all for supporting local business but with SuperValu I try to avoid it at all cost. Finally, can the management do anything about the daily loitering outside?
patsman

I am probably being sexist but why do women always have to root through their handbag for money/card and loyalty card after everything has been scanned and bagged. While in the queue I always get money/card ready before they start scanning .