Fingal Opinion Poll

All political discussion belongs in here!
donabate2014

From today's Sunday Times Opinion Poll here is the constituency level figures for Dublin Fingal.
FG 20%, FF 16%, LAB 20%, SF 5%, GP 12%, IND/OTHS 26%.
So, a huge increase for Labour, a 5 seat constituency would see:
1 FG, 1 FF, 1 LAB, 1 GP, 1 IND.
Agree?
Mr. Stupid

No. I don't think FG will keep a seat. I could see either a few more Reilly scandals or him just quitting.
Farrell isn't strong enough and only got in by the skin of his teeth last election. Don't think FG will get a seat.

I would say: FF (O'Brien), SF, Independent two, maybe Labour getting last seat.
donabate2014

But surely with 20% (which is what Reilly alone got last time) they will be able to get at least 1 seat.
Mr. Stupid

It will close a la the local elections. They won't get transfers. That will be the downfall whereas all other parties will. FG are terrible are marketing what they are doing and just come across as the rich man's party.

They made a lot of sound economic decisions (increasing VAT, introducing new taxes that aren't on work, VAT back on home extensions) that are pretty sound economically even though some of these decisions have p*ssed a load of people off. They have worked but just haven't been explained very well and there is a major lack of transparency where the money is going. They should be telling everyone paying the property tax, how much local government is costing.

What they did was just listen to the orthodox economists and follow it. Whereas FF were listening to their mates and making a pile of populist decisions that non economist was suggesting. This was popular politically but ended in disaster economically. FG are the other way around, economically good outcomes but politically a disaster.