Burglary tagging

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
ah_yeah

Probably just being a bit hysterical/paranoid but given the recent spate of car thefts around the village it doesn't hurt to be cautious, especially this close to Christmas.

Living in Beverton and on my way home today and I noticed a few of the houses on their boundary walls outside the garden have unusual spray paint like markings on them in either silver or purple and one or two had things like "alone" or a number. I was driving however so I couldn't get an accurate idea of just how many it was

I dunno if its kids messing or what the story is but it just seemed a little odd, especially because I'm almost sure they were not there last night and I've heard of reports in other areas where houses were tagged by prospective burglars indicating which ones were an easy target ,which to avoid etc.

Has anyone else noticed these ? What do you all think ?
Bernie1

I can assure you 100% that this graffiti tagging has noting to do with planned burglaries in the area,it's just the local vermin marking their territory.Makes my blood boil and fair play to the residents who quickly remove and paint over the tags,great to see a bit of community spirit in action.I have made my own enquiries and established who the culprit and his assistant are,when I catch them in action (and I will) they are going to be very sorry!!!
micropoodle

don't do anything silly bernie.
make the guards aware. whilst the people involved might think it's funny, it's a very serious matter.

at the very least the community guards will give them a talking to