Best mobile phone service

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
Donabatenewbie

We are moving to Beverton and are just wondering which mobile operator has the best reception in donabate? Is there any operator you would avoid? Currently with Meteor contract up in the next month.
Ken
Site Admin

O2 is ok in the village, but not great on the northside of the village. Vodafone is similar. The masts are located in the village so you should be pretty ok with both of those. Not sure about Meteor or 3.
Regards,

Ken.
Whitelight

I live near Beavertown GC - no reception in the house with O2 bar hanging out bedroom window!! Switched back to Meteor recently and have no problems since.
Bill_Lumbergh
Site Admin

Whitelight wrote:I live near Beavertown GC - no reception in the house with O2 bar hanging out bedroom window!! Switched back to Meteor recently and have no problems since.
Same in Carrs Mill. Missus is on O2 and gets nothing inside the house, I'm on vodafone and have much better signal.
Derek

O2's aerials are on top of the old post office. They're not that high above ground and I suspect that's why the coverage is hit and miss. I'm with eMobile (Meteor) and I find their coverage very good indeed across all of the peninsula
pat mustard

In somerton.been with Vodafone for over 5 years here.never any issues.am on call .never missed any calls either anywhere whilst in the village or surrounding areas.
acdublin

I can't speak for how they are now, but I was with Vodafone in Beverton when we first moved four years ago. The signal wasn't good at all, especially in the house. I switched to Meteor and there was a big improvement. Andy
Donabatenewbie

Thanks for all the posts, might stick with Meteor so.
Derek

Here's something handy I found earlier:

http://www.askcomreg.ie/mobile/siteviewer.273.LE.asp

Enter Donabate in the "Find Address" box and it lists all of the cells in the area. There is one notable omission from the list: the Meteor mast atop of Macari's