OPEN NIGHT YOUTH CAFE FRIDAY WEEK 21/6

A forum for our younger members
Youth Cafe

Hi we would like to advise you the "open night" for the Donabate Portrane Youth cafe is Friday week 21st June in the community centre from 7.30 pm to 9.00 pm.

This is for all primary school graduates upwards (anyone in 6th class today and upwards). There will be leaflets distributed to all the primary schools next week and we really hope you will come along on Friday week 21st to see what you think. There will be goodies and drinks to be sampled and you will get to see the fun things that were done in the last 12 months and see if it is for you.

Your club, you decide what to do.
ParentOfTeenagers

Haven't heard about a Youth Café in the area - is it just starting up?
Youth Cafe

Hi,
Yes the Youth CAfe is alive and well and is running for the last year. Please come along this friday for our open night to get a taste of what we do and what we have been doing over the last year, trips etc. As part of the Foroige organisation you can vist their website, the operate nationally.
Derek

My daughter is thinking of heading. She would like to know if there is an entrance fee and if it is open to 6 class pupils who don't attend any of the local primary schools.
Bumblebee

Hi, I think the sports day you are trying to organise is a great idea. I also think you should post here the help you are looking for, I am sure you will get some of the locals involved. My 8 year old has asked us to change our holiday details so he can go. (We may be able to do so yet)
Lorraine

Hi Derek,
There is no entrance fee for the open night. The club runs from September to June. Membership of Foróige is €20 per year, payable in September. Then the members pay €2 each Friday night. No requirement to attend local schools.

Hi Bumblebee,
I think your comments relate to a different topic???
Youth Cafe

Derek

Thanks for the interest, this is for all of the community regardless of where they attend school.

The only requirement is the members have to be leaving 6th class and starting secondary school.
We hope your child can make it (we are also looking for adult volunteers???). Come along and have a look at what happens there's no obligation.
Bumblebee

Duh........Sorry if I caused any confusion!! :oops:
janeleon

Hi, I've a daughter starting in the secondary school in September. She missed the open night unfortunately but would love to attend the youth cafe with another pal this friday if possible. Can they join on the night??
Youth Cafe

Hi JaneLeon do you think your daughter and her friend would like to come on Friday 13th ?. We will be having our first youth club get together that night in DPCC @ 7.30 and registration is on a first come first served basis.
Let me know please as we are trying to get numbers. There is no commitment they can just come and see if they want.

If you want to contact me I can give you an email address in the first instance to explain more (phone number etc incl),

Hope to see them on the night.
janeleon

Yes they will definately be there! thanks for letting us know...
Youth Cafe

Janeleon

We will start again on Friday 13th at 7.30
See you then.