Astro Pitch

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
Whitelight

Does anyone have an update regarding the pitch?
Mike

Legal wrangling open-ended
Ken
Site Admin

Last I heard was that the insurance company wanted FCC to guarantee that it wouldn't flood again. FCC obviously can't give that guarantee. It seems to be in limbo.
Regards,

Ken.
Whitelight

Well I suppose the up side of it all is the kids have somewhere to play football. I know its a bit naughty of me but I love to see the groups of lads in there enjoying their footy! What will the kids do when the mess is sorted out? It should be a community facility or even a portion of it (FCC provided an all-weather pitch in Malahide at Seabury - and yes I know they have a debt on the community centre in Donabate, etc., etc.). The proposed rates for hiring out that I had heard about before the flooding were ridiculous.

I'd also like to see a small playground on the green opposite the graveyard - would be great for mums and dads with little ones.

Overall facilities aren't great despite the great efforts of locals/community council, etc., over the years.
Mike

Good points. A skateboard facility like the one in Swords also. Why not start a committee to kick start canvassing FCC