Transition year

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
Wobbles

Just out of curiosity would anyone know how dcc selected students for transition year
PeggySue

Why don't you ring and ask them ????
Youth Cafe

in the current year everyone got a place but for Septembeer it will be an interview process.
mammy

Transition year was compulsory for my children I have to say hand on heart it was fantastic but that was then this is now and with funding for schools and most parents strapped for cash I can see why it may not suit everyone but if I might advise if your child wants to do it I would be fighting tooth and nail to get them on it.

I and mine found it a great learning curve especially if they dont have a passion or an idea what they really want to do.It was a great tool for then to try work experience and get out of the classroom to have a hands on time in their chosen field.

I dont like the thought of an interview only maybe it should be a lottery if every child is not going to get a place...but thats just me and my thinking ...

Mine that did TY did not attend DCC
Sydney

The 3rd years were interviewed in May and found out by letter whether they got in or not. I don't know what the criteria were!