Concern over use of the ET building

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
Ken
Site Admin

Harry Byrne wrote:The ET school is taking some ridiculous stick here. The EJB rantings of Richard Dawkins and Mammy's resentful comments are completely over the top.

They rented out a room. Get over it.
Behave Harry. There is no proof that RD has any connection to the member you mention from the other forum.
Regards,

Ken.
mammy2

I see the herd is out in force. There is an obvious contradiction in the ET ethos. The reality is that christian money is indirectly funding the activities in their school, here is your contradiction. To give an analogy would Martin Luther King High school rent out rooms to the KKK or the Neo-Nazis. I doubt it.
All together
I LOVE ET; ET IS WONDERFUL; ET CAN DO NO WRONG 100 TIMES.
I better go the herd is coming.
Donabate Hatter

Mammy2 Why won't you answer my questions?????????????? Presumably because you are just s**t stirring again!!!!!
JohnPaulTheTenth

Such nonsense. Why bother?
Yours Sincerely, JPX
Donabate Hatter

JPTT, you are right really, it just gets me when people make statements and then won't respond, and how stupid must someone be when they talk about contradictions and then use Pastor Martin Luther King in an argument in which they are espousing anti religious views!!!
JohnPaulTheTenth

Yeah, the original post was at least properly phrased and delivered a point of concern to the poster. That's the way it should be.

But this ranting about 'ET herd' (a localised version of the infamous 'PC Brigade'?) and MLK just comes across as a little unhinged.
Yours Sincerely, JPX
richard dawkins

Well it's subjective. I would prefer if the ET ethos was adhered to out of respect for that ethos and I struggle to see why the Christians can't meet in one of the five Christian places there already are in Donabate. Technically, legally they can argue they are doing nothing wrong all they want. I could show up outside a Church and tell everyone how deluded they are as they enter and leave it on a Sunday morning. Technically, legally I am doing nothing wrong but it's kinda disrespectful and there are more appropriate places and times to convey my messages.
Harry Byrne

Ken wrote:
Harry Byrne wrote:The ET school is taking some ridiculous stick here. The EJB rantings of Richard Dawkins and Mammy's resentful comments are completely over the top.

They rented out a room. Get over it.
Behave Harry. There is no proof that RD has any connection to the member you mention from the other forum.
I did not say it was the same poster. They just both come out with the same crap. That's an opinion
mammy2

DH your question has being answered several times. Can you answer this question Why do parents send their children to a school that is supposed to educate together with a bit of religion on the side , if you like from Monday to Friday while on Sunday they accept Christian money to fund their school for the rest of the week. To help you: Sacred ground could mean a football stadium it does not have to be connected with religion. Et's sacred ground is where they practise that wonderful ethos.
All together; I love ET: ET IS MY LIFE: ET can do no wrong.
Bye THE HERD IS COMING.
Donabate Hatter

Mammy2

Firstly, no it wasn't.

Secondly, As I said in my previous post my child goes to St. Pats so I have no idea why parents send their children to ET that must be their choice I suppose, and no I don't love ET, I have no connection with it, as I have previously stated.

Thirdly, grow up, there is no need to shout, having a tantrum does't make you right!!!!

DH
JohnPaulTheTenth

mammy2 wrote: All together; I love ET: ET IS MY LIFE: ET can do no wrong.
Bye THE HERD IS COMING.
A little piece of friendly advice... this sort of thing just makes you look mental and drowns out any valid point you may have made.

You're welcome.
Yours Sincerely, JPX
mammy2

ET herd is out in force. The way they answer questions is by insults and name calling. I suppose the truth hurts. All TOGETHER: I LOVE......
Donabate Hatter

Still shouting
JohnPaulTheTenth

Yours Sincerely, JPX
pat mustard

Wibble Wibble
richard dawkins

Here look - I started this thread just to express an opinion. Others disagreed. No-need for people to be firing insults. It ain't nice.
JohnPaulTheTenth

To be honest, I didn't even disagree per se. I think you have a point and a right to be concerned.

I just don't share the concern as I don't mind which group(s) hire out rooms outside hours.

Re insults, I'm not offended by someone shouting at me about being in a herd. Water off a duck's back and all that but thanks for looking out for me.
Yours Sincerely, JPX
richard dawkins

JohnPaulTheTenth wrote:To be honest, I didn't even disagree per se. I think you have a point and a right to be concerned.

I just don't share the concern as I don't mind which group(s) hire out rooms outside hours.

Re insults, I'm not offended by someone shouting at me about being in a herd. Water off a duck's back and all that but thanks for looking out for me.
Yes, but it doesn't reflect well on the area. People read this forum when considering moving out to Donabate and it effects house prices and the kind of image of the area.
JohnPaulTheTenth

Ah, c'mon now.
Yours Sincerely, JPX
pat mustard

Holy moley, I was typing in "ah c'mon " myself when you plopped that line in..

Will do a "ah here" instead.
JohnPaulTheTenth

I'd gladly go halfies on a "Ah, here, c'mon" if you're up for it.

Split the difference, like.
Yours Sincerely, JPX
mammy2

I suppose no one from the ET herd is willing to answer a simple question. Why do they feel it is right to accept Christian money to fund their school while they are promoting the together ethos. A big contradiction here! But if you do not want to answer the question stay in the herd and attack by insults and name calling.
Donabate Hatter

Likens everyone else to herd animals and then accuses them of being insulting, still at least she has stopped shouting now!!!!!!!!!!
diggerbarnes

mammy2 wrote:I suppose no one from the ET herd is willing to answer a simple question. Why do they feel it is right to accept Christian money to fund their school while they are promoting the together ethos. A big contradiction here! But if you do not want to answer the question stay in the herd and attack by insults and name calling.
What are you on? Our kids are Christians (Catholic) and go to the ET school. There is no conflict here. They will take the extra curricular religious classes. We like that no one particular religion is rammed down their throats like making fois gras. Inside they are healthy and balanced and free to be what they are.
So most of the people aka parents who fund the school are Christian.
Ur just a troll anyway
mammy2

So ET is now a good Christian school, fair enough, I under the impression that you promoted something different. I think you lot are a bit confused and cannot answer the question.
All together: ET IS WONDERFUL I LOVE ET; ET CAN DO NO WRONG.