Ms Laffoy leaving ???

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
davemac

Beba you will not reply because you do not have a reply. It is very easy to find fault mainly because the previous management at DCC did not fold at the first sight of parents that wanted their own way and believed that their care could and would do no wrong. All you have come up with are 1) whether some teachers do not allow students to take their jumpers off 2) That you child forgot their lunch and it was not passed on in time, I thought that was the job of the parent? 3) No one rang you back when you applied for the Parents council, again your responsibility to turn up on the night and try and get elected. I for one do not believe as you put it Ms. Laffoy has a community going, no but I do believe the majority of our community knew a good Principal when they encountered her and that they will miss her passing.
John Spark

John Spark wrote:
Mr. Stupid wrote:You are have having a dance off with Beba. You can pick one song each. What's yours?
Cotton Eye Joe - nice and lively :D
Actually can I change my song to "Where's me jumper" by the Sultans of Ping FC - as a tribute to all those teens that are allowed to take off their jumpers?
Beba

No Davemac,
I do not want to reply because all the answers I can think of would bring me down to your level.
I have NOTHING to say to you.

And now who wants to dance with me?
diggerbarnes

Got me leg warmers on, lets go!
Mr. Stupid

beba wins the first dance off.
Round two. Dave Mac versus Beba. Dave what you got? Could you name your song please?
davemac

An Ode to Beba " Confidence is not a wilted plant that can be brought back to life with a bit of water. It is a highly flammable object. Doubt sets it aflame and destroys it irreparably.”
― Michèle Halberstadt, The Pianist in the Dark: A Novel
Aster

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ ... onious?s=t
No need to call anyone out - you know who you are.
mammy2

It is sad to see how some parents treat such an important subject as the future of our school. I fear for the future when Ms. Laffoy is no longer with us.
diggerbarnes

Yeah the joker and the penguin are going to have the whole town sown up in no time.
AlanD

Haven't read this forum for a while and don;t think I will for quite a while to come. There is a horrible sense of collective aggression towards opinions that do not fit in with the herd. If you want an echo chamber for like minded intolerant bullies, carry on.
Sydney

Sorry AlanD but I disagree. From my reading some people felt Ms Laffoy was fantastic, others didn't. We all gave our various opinions on the forum - what harm? :?
mammy

Beba wrote:Vlad, I'd like a principal capable of inspiring the pupils, that understands that fear has never been a valuable educative method, I'd like to hear laughs coming from the corridors, I'd like to see parents presence allowed in the school, I'd like to see an office that passes on the messages (or the forgotten lunches), I'd like to see debate encouraged rather than punished, I'd like to see a principal that doesn't punish his pupils for taking part in charity events, but rather decide that the school can host such events. I'd like to see a principal that doesn't care about what his pupils look like, but rather encourages them to express their own individuality. This is the kind of school I would like for my kids. Having said so, I'd be more than happy even just to have a principal that allows the kids to take off their sweater when there are 20 degrees in the classroom. So Davemac, yes, I am thinking about the future of my children, and just because my views on the matter are different from yours it doesn't mean my standards are lower than yours. Just different. I find that quite offensive. Maybe you weren't taught tolerance and respect in school?
I think you and I have a lot in common Beba in our thinking on educating the whole child I have never sent any of our's to ET. My child has also asked on occasion to remove a jumper because of the heat in DCC and was refused, now in saying that I have a child in a same sex school outside the parish and they have been told they can not removed clothing during exams in the 4 day summer we recently had ..mad stuff :ugeek: I hope who ever gets the post will be a bit more open to suggestion I'm not saying they should take all out ideas onboard and act on them but a bit of give and take would be nice and a bit more involvement from parents would be most welcomed by those of us who have the time and energy to give to the school apart from fundraising for the bus that still hasn't arrived even though there has been 1000's of euro raised locally for it
mammy

Pink Floyd - Another Brick In The Wall

my choice for the dance off :lol:
mammy2

Mammy are you seriously suggesting that the only serious fault you can come up with is the alleged right to remove a jumper. God help the person who has to take over with the content of certain postings, I think St Eta's would be a more comfortable job.
davemac

Mammy if your child was doing exams during the recent hot weather they must be in 3th year. It is not the teachers of DCC who are responsible for the state Exams, so how could they have told anyone not to remove their jumper? The Principal/Deputy Principal teachers are not allowed into the exam centres. When did this terrible calamidity take place? In what classroom? ?????????
mammy

ah Mammy2 and Dave you might like to go back and read what I said .. :lol:
diggerbarnes

It's a crying shame it's not an educate together secondary school.
Donabate Hatter

Well done Digger, now feckin Mammy2 will be off again about the ET herd or some other such s***e!!!!
diggerbarnes

:) sorry I couldn't resist winding her up. But seriously, parents would save a fortune on the uniforms. And the kids would get better grades and go on to be better human beings if they weren't forced through the Victorian mangle that is the regular secondary school system.
davemac

Mammy can you answer the question please unless you were telling lies!!!!!
Donabate Hatter

Don't be silly davemac, telling lies is Mammy2's job!!!!
davemac

Unlike you I never said someone was telling lies. I stated if she could not answer the simple question who told her child that they could not take off their jumper? well I have the right to ask the question was she telling lies.
Donabate Hatter

You were right Digger, wind them up and watch them go!!
mammy2

It looks like the two big boys are beaten when they have to resort to mockery. Answer the question
Donabate Hatter

I can't, no one has asked me a question, and as you continually avoided answering a question I had asked you on another thread that's a bit pot, kettle, black isn't it!!!!!!