Carrs Mill Park Locked

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
Wide Boy

Hi, does anyone know why the gates are padlocked at the Rahillion entrance? There’s also a sign on the gate ‘Trespassers will be prosecuted”. This has only happened in the last few days. WB
Ken
Site Admin

Reported on other groups that FCC are spreading compost on the grass areas. This is due to last until Friday so would expect it to be open again on Saturday. Badly needed as the grass has really struggled to grow for some reason. There is a lot of heavy machinery entering and exiting the site via the Beaverstown Road.

There are no signs on Beaverstown Road, so a number of people (including myself) entered from that side and then realised we couldn't exit at Rahillion and had to go back again. Not a biggie, but signage is inconsistent.

The trespassers will be prosecuted signs are way OTT. A sign explaining what they're doing and when it will be open again would have been a lot more friendly and informative. However, this is FCC we're talking about.
Regards,

Ken.
Wide Boy

Thx Ken,

Roll on the weekend and as you say better and consistent signage would help. WB
Ken
Site Admin

Looks as though it will be locked for some time yet. I thought it had been taken over by FCC already, but looks as though the builder of the Rahillion estate was still managing it. It's anyone's guess as to when this will be resolved.

20230729_183103000_iOS.jpg
Regards,

Ken.
Ken
Site Admin

Further update from Corina Johnson.
Screenshot 2023-08-10 113625.png
Regards,

Ken.
Cathal

So much dog 5h1t up there you’d hardly need to fertilise
Ken
Site Admin

Further update from Corina Johnston.

Screenshot 2023-09-04 183634.png
Regards,

Ken.
Wide Boy

Hi,

Any update on when the gates will reopen?

WB
Ken
Site Admin

Last we heard was that the Rahillion developer was looking to hand it over to Fingal. There were a few things that Fingal weren't happy with and asked the developer to address. There have been questions on the various Facebook groups from residents regarding a status and this doesn't appeared to have progressed. Looks like it will be closed for some time yet.
Regards,

Ken.
Bawner

I see Councillor Paul Mulville has put a laminated update at the gate near the new creche. It was there yesterday morning.

Also something n it about the bottom of the lane from the Beaverstown side that's always flooding. But again usual lameness and procrastination from the council.

They must have paid the consultants handsomely for the "How to avoid taking things in charge and ignoring our responsibilities" manual. I'd say every estate in Donabate has had to fight that battle...
Ken
Site Admin

I had a look at Paul Mulville's poster on the fence to the entrance of the Rahillion walkway last night. Here's a summary:

The walkway is under the control of the Rahillion developer and FCC are working with him to complete the handover. There are some remedial works to be done by the developer and they are convident that it will be finished shortly (they said that last spring).

He also mentions the path from the walkway that leads to Beaverstown Road. He remarks that this is in very poor condition and is prone to flooding. This is under FCC ownership and he has made numerous representations to have it addressed. He said the local farmer leasing the land (I think that's Donabate Dexter) has agreed to dig a ditch to alleviate the flooding. Fair play.

He also mentions the R126 upgrade project (I think bypassing the bad bend). He says this is currently with ABP as there have been two objections. We must have a couple of stunt drivers living on the penninsula.
Regards,

Ken.
Ken
Site Admin

I tolk a walk up to the windmill from the Beaverstown side today and was greeted by this new addition. I'd doubt it's part of the remidial works FCC have requested. An example of what happens to an ameniety when it's left derelict. This would have been unlikley to happen if it was open to the public and people were coming and going.

20240205_133328672_iOS_edited.jpg
Regards,

Ken.
Ken
Site Admin

The walkway was open today. I'm not sure if that is official or if it was left open unintentionally. I noticed a couple of tractors heading up that direction from the Beaverstown Road side. Repairs seem to have been made to the fencing with the missing piece of fence when you enter the walkway from the Beaverstown Road side having been reinstated.

Hopefully it's permanent as we were fast approaching the first anniversary of it closing.
Regards,

Ken.