Noise at Top of Beaverstown Road

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
Ken
Site Admin

Has anyone noticed the constant high pitched noise at the tope of Beaverstown Road? It stops for a few hours and then starts again. It has gone all through the night for the last few nights. It's driving us mad. I presume it's someone's house alarm?
Regards,

Ken.
Donabatian

There’s a blue pole at the hand that is placed in the path intermittently.. could it be drainage works… or similar?

Don’t know if there’s a loose or any connection to noise you are describing../underground some sort of drilling/pressure.. remember the water outages there too.. connecting up apartments and Ballymastone etc..

Normally house/burglary alarms are for 15-20min max and intervals.. per noise pollution regs..Has to be registered security installer etc..I think..
Ken
Site Admin

I'm pretty sure this was a house alarm. It went on for about 3 days. It would stop for a couple of hours and then start up again. It was barely noticeable during the day, but very at night.

Thankfully, it's stopped and hopefully whoever it was got it looked at by an installer.
Regards,

Ken.
Ken
Site Admin

Spoke to a neighbour who identified the cause. It was related to the Virgin Media equipment housed in the steel unit close to the entrance to Beaverstown Golf Club. The neighbour called Virgin who came out the next day. It was a failed bearing in the air conditioning unit fan. That explains why it would kick in and out - it was temperature related.

Anyway, it was sorted and we're sleeping well again.
Regards,

Ken.