Donapoop, the town of dog poop..and uncivilized dog owners

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
misterwf

Can people please start picking up after their dogs??! Everywhere you turn in Donabate there is dog waste, parks, beaches, and sidewalks. I don't believe we have any stray dogs in this village, it is the owners to blame. I'm tired of stepping in dog waste, why do I have to watch every step I take? It's already frustrating as is but now during the dark time of the year, it is simply impossible to see where you step. Not only do the sidewalks look disgusting (don't you think it tells a lot about the community itself?), but also dog faeces are a health & environmental hazard. There is no difference between dog and human waste, yet, if people started seeing human waste on sidewalks they would be shocked, but somehow we tolerate dog waste. Based on the amount of dog faeces I see on the street every day I can only conclude that a good portion of dog owners are animals themselves. If you cannot pick up after your dog you don't deserve one!
Last edited by misterwf on 30 Jan 2023, 12:43, edited 2 times in total.

I agree, I also have a dog, I walk everywhere in Donabate, shit is everywhere, on the grass and on the sidewalks,
I watch myself and the dog not to step in, in the evening I prefer to walk on the road, because there are definitely no shit :evil:
AnneZanini1511

I couldn’t agree more … We’re so lucky to be living in such a beautiful town… and yet ruined by a few careless members of the community…

Bags of faeces hanging out of trees or lefts on the side of the road… dogs faeces on people’s driveways, or the path… children driving through them with their bikes, mothers with pushchairs …

This is just beyond me… utterly disgusted …
kenny

it's so annoying, obviously it's a minority but that's all it takes to ruin it for everyone.

there are some good ideas here on how to deal with it: https://www.treehugger.com/ways-communi ... oo-4863130

I really like the idea that all dog's DNA has to be registered and you can send the poo away and they get a fine in the post. This would stop the behaviour almost immediately.
misterwf

Also, a question for these dog owners, have you ever thought that we have people with disabilities and people with visual impairment in this community??!!! I can check every step I take, they can't !!!
Spider

It's a disgrace. I'm a dog owner and always pick up after my dog and dispose of it properly. The amount of dog poo bags thrown into bushes, left on walls and hanging off trees is unbelievable. I mean, if you've gone to the trouble of picking it up, at least put it in a bin and, if there's no bin, bring it home and put it in your own bin. I used to walk the dog in Turvey nature reserve when there was no bin and I'd put the bag of poo in the boot and dispose of it at home. Now there is a bin there and still people fling it everywhere.
Essexboy

Well it was my turn today, so lovely big dog had deposited a lovely big S@@t on the grass verge leaving somerton… so thank you as I skidded through it… I have a big dog and I walk around the village everyday and always pick it up and put it in the bins provided!!! What is wrong with people… admittedly there should be more Dog bins around the village, but seriously it’s real easy pick it up..
I also apologise if I speak to anyone tomorrow the smell is from my shoes and not me!!!!

we can make a "WALL OF SHAME " here and post photos of dogs and owners "who do not see" :D ;)
Mr. Stupid

I think most dog owners are responsible and pick up the poo.
A few individuals don't and you should report them https://www.fingal.ie/council/service/d ... ng-control
Ken
Site Admin

Bottom line is that the law has to be enforced. That's the only way some people will take notice. Other countries have less of a problem as they don't just enact laws, they enforce them.
Regards,

Ken.