Wanted Repair Disc for Toshiba Win7 Home Premium 64bit

Items for sale or wanted in the Donabate/Portrane area
Forum rules
Alcohol or tobacco products may not be sold on the forum. If what you want to buy or sell is illegal in the real world, then it's illegal here also.

The forum Administrators are not responsible for any items bought or sold on the forum. If you have an issue with a seller or buyer, please communicate with them by PM. Moderators/Administrators will not get involved in any disputes.
Luke14

Hi guys, does anybody have a Win 7 Repair Disc - for Toshiba Home Premium 64bit.

I only have a wipe / Reinstall disc but it does not offer the choice as some discs did to simply repair.

I think it will only accept Toshiba too in order for the repair most likely.

Any comments appreciated & hopefully somebody can supply a copy ...
Ken
Site Admin

Will the PC boot at all? What error are you getting? Have you tried booting from the disk you have?
Regards,

Ken.
diggerbarnes

You can download and burn to disk
Luke14

Digger & Ken thanks very much for replies ... No the disc I have cannot be used as there is no option only a warning that if you proceed the computer will be wiped as new, it does not feature Repair instead. It's not a risk, it promises that outcome !

Many years back I had to contact Toshiba & pay £10 sterling to have the disc sent to which would return it to like new, however, as many years have past I would not want it as brand new.

It ran smoothly all these years for the most part. Digger, I am unable to burn one due to the complexity of having to get the correct framework like the right disc, type, setting up the disc and making it work right - I think it might even run onto 2 discs ?

I do remember the Toshiba wipe all & re-install was spread across 2 discs, & that even for wiping it refused to accept being wiped except by the one Toshiba sold me - computer itself insisted it had to be re-installed only by Toshiba original discs & blocked re-install from even generic Windows as it was not Toshiba derived Windows! Now I'm stuck without somebody's Toshiba original repair disc ... the manufacturer no longer has or provides they've told me, same for suppliers of Toshiba or dynabook UK or Ireland.
diggerbarnes

You could have a chat with the PC doctor guy in the Pavillions, just inside the main entrance. Also, try the relevant forum on Boards.ie
Luke14

Thanks for advice Digger, I just wanted to do it myself with a Toshiba disc. I know it won't tolerate anything else the way Toshiba lock the system to their own Win operating setup. It's the way

I had it my running that I most wanted to just keep it the same, plus of course years of random stuff mine and older people's stuff etc.
I wanted to try myself just with disc. I figured Toshiba was so m,ainstream here that somebody would have in back of drawer ...

It seemed to crash and was freezing up a bit one day, think it was doing Opera browser updates in background, so I foolishly held the off button to force it to off. Then some files became corrupted, think repair disc would do it.