Delete

Items for sale or wanted in the Donabate/Portrane area
Forum rules
Alcohol or tobacco products may not be sold on the forum. If what you want to buy or sell is illegal in the real world, then it's illegal here also.

The forum Administrators are not responsible for any items bought or sold on the forum. If you have an issue with a seller or buyer, please communicate with them by PM. Moderators/Administrators will not get involved in any disputes.
CJDaily

Post deleted
Last edited by CJDaily on 26 Jan 2023, 13:07, edited 1 time in total.
golden

Very traumatic thing for an old dog but I'm sure you have his best interests at heart. Try to find someone who will shower him with attention because it will take some time to recover from rehoming and the distraction of attention will help. Have taken on dogs in similar circumstances before and they visibly get depressed when left with their thoughts.
CJDaily

As I said we will be very upset to let him go but he needs a quieter atmosphere in his later years. He’s a great dog it’s just become impossible for us as a family to balance his walks etc.
MrsBabycakes

To be honest, if he’s old it’ll be much more traumatic for him to be in a completely new home in unfamiliar surroundings than not getting out for a walk every day. I get it, i have 2 young children myself & 2 small elderly dogs as well but they would be traumatised if we gave them away. If you can’t make it work & you must rehome, then contact Maggie in Dogs Aid. Her number is (087) 294 4310 .. she’s very compassionate & might be able to help you rehome your dog responsibly . Hope that helps
Always smile

This is going to be the most traumatic experience in this little dogs life, he will most definitely go into himself with depression and he will be terribly frightened, he may not live long after being away from his home and family, I do understand you have children and work commitments, most of us do, and by no means am I judging, but what I will say is I have 3 kids , 7, 5 & 2, I also have 2 elderly large dogs and 2 cats, I understand animals are a big commitment but you have obviously committed yourselves to living and taking care of this little man for many years, you are all he knows, you don’t know where he will end up, frightened and scared, and you can’t guarantee he will be adopted by genuine animal lovers, please think again before giving him away, your his family , we don’t give family away no matter what, let him live his life out where he belongs, with your family, Like many, I work, I have kids and animals and i have to juggle all the time,animals are a life long commitment m, he needs you more than you need him, but he knows who his family are so please make his time left spent with his own family, if you even need someone to walk him , i will do it and do not expect anything other than he stays with his family