Not right in the head

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
Beverton Gal

There’s ways to do things and there’s ways not to. Putting dog poo into a neighbours letter box is the latter. With a note “pick up your dog shit respect the neighbourhood “
I’m a responsible dog owner, I do pick up the poo, If I missed one it was a genuine mistake. All that person had to do was approach me or knock on my door. I’d apologise and pick it up…. That’s what neighbours do…. Respecting your neighbourhood is definitely not putting in poo through the letter box. Our postman agrees, he was also a victim here when he tried to deliver the post and got a hand full of poo. My kids are still upset… what kind of message is that showing them on how to live in a civilised society. My only conclusion is that whoever did this is “ not right in the head”. Come forward and present yourself like a normal person would… or don’t ! But when we review our good neighbours cctv and find out who’s responsible I won’t hesitate to inform the guards.. I want to restore my kids faith in correct social order. There has to be consequences… normal ones not mad vigilantism
Mr. Stupid

That's unfortunate. Two wrong's don't make a right.
AindriuB

I'm pretty sure this is an offence. You should report it to the Gardaí.
bevertonian

I agree not a nice thing to do, my question is how do you miss your dog doing a poo? was it on a lead?
Is it possible that you my have missed a few other poo's and the person got fed up - nothing as irritating as your kids out playing football and they come in with dog poo all over there shoes.........

I also have a dog, I always watch what she does and when she poops and I always collect.
It pisses me off when we walk and I see more and more shit in the same places every day, someone goes for a walk every day and "can't see" his dog shitting.
I have a bitch, I'm starting to feel ashamed on walks around these shit, because when she pisses someone will tell me it's my shit and I'm not picking up :roll:
Matsugawa

Tacking dog owners about theirs dogs shits (or behaviour) is not easy.

I’ve seen people getting a mouthful of abuse for asking dog owners to put their dogs on leads, or pick up after them. The entitlement is out there. Leaving their little bags of shit all over the place really annoys me but I’ve yet to catch anyone doing it.

Not condoning their behaviour - 2 wrongs don’t make a right - and also “not all dog owners” etc but unfortunately it comes with the territory. You’re going to get some hate and even if you’re one of the good ones 99% of the time there are quite a few bad apples out there spoiling it for everyone.
Mr. Stupid

On a related subject, is it okay to let your small dog off the lead down on the beach so they can run around and get some exercise?
The odd person goes crazy if you do this.
Pixiestix

Mr. Stupid wrote: 19 Sep 2022, 14:30 On a related subject, is it okay to let your small dog off the lead down on the beach so they can run around and get some exercise?
The odd person goes crazy if you do this.

I don't think you're allowed do this anymore. There were things up all over Facebook about it. Dogs have to be kept on their leash on the beach.
Mr. Stupid

That's peak hours during the summer,
The Samaritan

From reading between the lines it's clear this lady may of made a mistake and missed her dog actions. I my self more than once have approached people for the same thing ( most people are shocked and apologize straight away) and once I have been approached .it's clear these things can happen and granted can be very unpleasant for children playing .I would however never put poo into my neighbours letter box and walk away .for one I would feel this would be the action of a coward .I personally would of knocked on the door and spoke with the lady or the man of the house .
If it was my house and my neighbours had done this I would make sure I found out who's responsible .I'm sure the unfortunate house hold are indeed in the process . Donabate is a small community and someone will let it slip .last thing I'd want would be angry neighbors finding out .This person should show a little bravery and visit the house involved and talk things out .but that's just what the Samaritan would do .🤔🤔
Beverton Gal

Thank you Samaritan
We did indeed inform the guards and hopefully get a positive result. I realise people feel passionate about the poo topic and rightfully so but I think my point was missed by some. Regardless of what one has done deliberately or accidentally it doesn’t give another person the right to do such a deliberately atrocious thing. It is a cowardly act and also deems that person to be much worse than the act they are trying to stop. Even if they were scared to knock why not leave the poo in the garden or on the step with the note …. But the letterbox is so wrong on so many levels. But hopefully justice will be served.
bevertonian

I’m still at a loss of how she missed her dog doing a poo…
Surely if your dog is on a lead you would notice???? Was it on a lead?
As for dogs not on a lead at the beach - they shouldnt be,, Once they are off a lead they are not under control no matter how you would like to phrase it,
The Samaritan

Bevertonian
One thinks you are missing the point regards poo in the letter box and the impact it had on the household and the poor post man .
If I was the suspicious type I would be thinking you may know more about the incident than your letting on .but that's only the Samaritans view .1+1 and all that
Mr. Stupid

Although unlikely, it can happen. If you have a long lead, they can poo quickly while you took your eye off them.
sarahconolly

It's just all bullshit. Anyone can miss to pick up a poo. It's just a poo. And in case you didn’t know, it’s fecking organic. I see comments here wondering how can it be possible to miss a poo. Jeez, someone call the FBI! It all sounds like yous clearly don’t have a problem with poos, ye just don’t like dogs, therefore that’s your issue not ours. Go to therapy perhaps. Dogs can and should be off leash. Shall we discuss the problematic of children coming to our gardens and bothering us all the time? Hearing their yells and jarring tantrums due to a clear lack of education? Get them a muzzle. Put them on a leash. Collect the mess they leave behind and their stinky diapers. Educate your kids and yourselves and then talk about dogs. First things first.
Leads shouldn't be for dogs only.

I have a bitch myself and have surely missed a poo. Come to me with a torch you Neanderthals.

Say what.
Ridiculous.
Sunny

sarahconolly wrote: 21 Sep 2022, 15:59 It's just all bullshit. Anyone can miss to pick up a poo. It's just a poo. And in case you didn’t know, it’s fecking organic. I see comments here wondering how can it be possible to miss a poo. Jeez, someone call the FBI! It all sounds like yous clearly don’t have a problem with poos, ye just don’t like dogs, therefore that’s your issue not ours. Go to therapy perhaps. Dogs can and should be off leash. Shall we discuss the problematic of children coming to our gardens and bothering us all the time? Hearing their yells and jarring tantrums due to a clear lack of education? Get them a muzzle. Put them on a leash. Collect the mess they leave behind and their stinky diapers. Educate your kids and yourselves and then talk about dogs. First things first.
Leads shouldn't be for dogs only.

I have a bitch myself and have surely missed a poo. Come to me with a torch you Neanderthals.

Say what.
Ridiculous.

People, can you please put a lead on your children and stop them pooing or leaving their diapers in Sarah Connolly's garden. Also if you could make sure your uneducated children are muzzled when outside the home, that would be great as well.

I too am tired of going out for a walk and standing in piles of human poo from these children. I was also bitten on the ankle by one very nasty little girl who wasn't on a leash. When I asked the owner why she wasn't on a leash, I was abused. It's just shocking.

Sarah, I was sorry to hear about you sometimes missing a poo. Might I suggest more fibre in your diet.
sarahconolly

People, let’s all congratulate Sunny for it’s hillarious comment here! Sunny surely thinks this is a v funny response! Let’s all laugh about this! LOL
bevertonian

Wow just Wow - all i asked was how do you miss a dog doing a poo and was it on a lead - asked twice and still no answer -
Sarah - relax take a deep breath and read over your replies, i’m putting it down to you having a bad day - well i hope you were having one as if this is your mentality then god help us, dog poo will be the least of our issues….

If I knew you I’d give you a hug - I think you need a big one ……

Have a lovely day
bevertonian

The Samaritan wrote: 21 Sep 2022, 09:40 Bevertonian
One thinks you are missing the point regards poo in the letter box and the impact it had on the household and the poor post man .
If I was the suspicious type I would be thinking you may know more about the incident than your letting on .but that's only the Samaritans view .1+1 and all that
Hi Samaritan, unfortunately in this case 1+1 =5, I am just speaking as a parent of a child who has walked in poo going to school and out playing - its very frustrating, It will never be sorted as long as you have the like of the Miss Connoly one around - It looks like a necessary evil, I am all on for calling prople out on it, but putting in the letterbox is a step to far, i do think there is more to this story - we will never know, For the record i am not an owner of a dog, too many bought one over lockdown and dont want them anymore, it was cool to have one but novelty has long worn off……
The Samaritan

Ooh wow wow wow or woof woof.more to the story I'm not quite sure. I'm guessing this lady has unfortunately bad horrible sick twisted neighbors .I'm still going with it's a cowardly act and wish this lady all the best in finding out who it is .the least they should do is apologize to the poor post man .I have spoken with him and he's really up set .nice guy in fairness .Colin is his name .
On another note a house with no dog .what's that about ?
Beverton Gal

Image[/img]
Attachments
2C0410E3-8EC9-4BE7-9212-359398ABE0AD.jpeg
The Samaritan

That's so so wrong .the level of sickness in Donabate and especially Beverton had just gone up 100% .I really hope you find out who this person was . one sick twisted individual shame shame shame on them .
They say a picture paints a thousand words..how true this is .this must end the more to the story debate . shocking shocking shocking.sick sick sick .the poor post man .but again that's just the Samaritan's view
bevertonian

That is sickening no question about it - The person who done it must have been really pissed off, I find it hard to believe that someone is going around putting dog sh** in letterboxes of anyone they see leaving there dog poo behind, and lots do leave it behind. I haven't heard of any other incidents although that doesn't mean it hasn't happened....
This is why I think there is more to this story, and the poor postman is the innocent party.
You have the video evidence have you approched the person who done it? What was there reaction? What did the Gardai say?
Beverton Gal

Whoever the sick person is who did this should know that the owners are devastated… it was an old dog.. one who was anxious and wasn’t on the lead because she didn’t need to be… just wanted to walk up and down the toad to sniff and pee. She passed away peacefully this morning.. with no drama other than the letterbox incident. God forgive you person who did this… remember not everyone doing something to deliberately destroy the neighbourhood.. just someone walking their best pal who is slow
The Samaritan

I'm often pissed off at people crossing the road as I drive so come Monday I'm running some one down ..I'm also pissed off at people talking loudly on the train .come Monday afternoon I'm taking the phone and throwing it out the window .I'm also pissed off that SuperValu have put the price of wine up so come Monday evening I'm opening all the bottles in the shop only red as I hate white wine .that's Monday sorted .
I may take Tuesday off .but come Wednesday I'm going up shooting that donkey in the head that wakes me up every morning .I may also take out the damn peacock that rambles up and down Turvey like he's the king of Donabate .
That seems to be the rules in Donabate ..
God I hope they find out who done this .I just realized who this dog is or was .omg shame on the people in Donabate ..such a gentle little thing . From the Samaritan .may you have no luck till you knock on that door and apologize .
You horrible twisted person.