Housing in Donabate for Ukrainian Families

Items for sale or wanted in the Donabate/Portrane area
Forum rules
Alcohol or tobacco products may not be sold on the forum. If what you want to buy or sell is illegal in the real world, then it's illegal here also.

The forum Administrators are not responsible for any items bought or sold on the forum. If you have an issue with a seller or buyer, please communicate with them by PM. Moderators/Administrators will not get involved in any disputes.
aido123

Hello,

We have taken in a ukranian family and are aware of another coming to the area in a few days time. We are happy to have them in our home for however long is required, however if there are private landlords in the area with vacant properties and would be happy to receive HAP please reach out to me.

We would like to try and make these families as independent as possible .

Many thanks
AleksandraN

Hello,

I’m expecting a Ukrainian family come Saturday (mother with 10yo girl). Could you Let me know how to best contact you so we can get the families meet up and know each other in the area?
Much appreciated!
Aleksandra
Beenthere

We've put up our details so hopefully will have a family visit soon. In the meantime if either of you need anything could you let people know here or maybe on the Donabate here to help page on Facebook? Wishing your visiting families the best of luck.
aido123

Hello .. @Alexandra I sent a PM there.

@beenthere as far as I know there will be alot more families coming to the parish. I was working on getting local housing for the family we know, however Local Authorities at present will not be offering HAP. So I think housing will present a big challenge. I'm not really sure what could be done around this area .. but i suspect fundraising is probably the best option for these families especially those that maybe placed within community center. Equally too if there are any local employers willing to hire Ukrainians would be great assistance also.

If there are any locals in the area that speak Russian or Ukrainian that wouldn't mind giving up some free time to help with English or befriending would also be a massive assistance. I have linked the family in with English classes in Swords .. but again locally would be even better.