New Houses at Beresford

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
Ann O
Site Admin

geoani wrote: 23 Sep 2020, 10:21 ....Could You PM me as I would like to be added to the whatsapp group...
You need to have made three posts before you can access the forum's private messaging.
geoani

Thank you for that. Looks like I can't reply to PMs. So will have to wait till I can access the PM
geoani

Thank you Gruffalo, I will reply once I have access to the PM
newdonabate

Yesterday our kitchen faucet became loosened and is basically flopping around .
We are in in Beresford less than a year ,does anyone know if there is a one year warranty with O Hora builders.
Previously I thought there was but dont see it in the pack provided.

Anyone else have a problem with kitchen faucet? any suggestions for fixing ?.
Austy

newdonabate wrote: 19 Oct 2020, 10:06 Yesterday our kitchen faucet became loosened and is basically flopping around .
We are in in Beresford less than a year ,does anyone know if there is a one year warranty with O Hora builders.
Previously I thought there was but dont see it in the pack provided.

Anyone else have a problem with kitchen faucet? any suggestions for fixing ?.
They should fix that for you - at a min it is just one of the kitchen fitters popping in to fix it. I had to tighten mine (in house 6 years) and it is a simple job.
Jerrydoha

When we had a plumbing issue in Beresford we spoke to Valerie from the office. She sent the on site plumber over who sorted us out. Give her a call 018085070. Hora give excellent after sales support
Jerrydoha

Funny the last topic was related to plumbing. For the last 2 or 3 days the oddest thing. Out of the blue a vibration noise has occured 2 or 3 times what i felt was in the false Wall between the kitchen and utilty room. The 1st time it happened it ran for about 30 seconds. Next day again. I even approached the neighbours to see if they had any work going on.. Now this morning. I turned on the kitchen hot tap and off it goes and louder. A loud humming vibration and i could feel it in the wall between the rear bedroom and stairway wall. We are in a 3 bedroom house. Anyone else experiencing this or have experienced?
albert

Hey,

I’m considering buying in Beresford -

To save me reading through a truckload of posts (30 pages!) can someone assist with a few queries?

- what’s the build quality like?
- sound proofing between semi d?
- % allocated social?
- plan to occupy, but should things change, what do they rent for?
- decent internet provider?

Many thanks
Al
Ken
Site Admin

albert wrote: 05 Jun 2021, 23:55 Hey,

To save me reading through a truckload of posts (30 pages!) can someone assist with a few queries?

- % allocated social?

Many thanks
Al
There's a "search this topic" function under the topic name that will make it easy to find any previous answers to your questions.
Regards,

Ken.
Austy

Hi Al

See below. More in depth answers in the 30 pages of posts.

Austy

- what’s the build quality like? - Great build quality, house is still standing after 7 years. No issues at all.
- sound proofing between semi d? - Good overall, can't hear the neighbour's TV if that's what you mean.
- % allocated social? - No idea and don't care - neighbour's social status or income doesn't concern me. We all just be neighbourly!
- plan to occupy, but should things change, what do they rent for? - €1,400-€1,800 - depends on bedrooms.
- decent internet provider? Virgin, EIR, Vodafone etc.

Many thanks
Al
albert

Austy wrote: 08 Jun 2021, 16:07 Hi Al

See below. More in depth answers in the 30 pages of posts.

Austy

- what’s the build quality like? - Great build quality, house is still standing after 7 years. No issues at all.
- sound proofing between semi d? - Good overall, can't hear the neighbour's TV if that's what you mean.
- % allocated social? - No idea and don't care - neighbour's social status or income doesn't concern me. We all just be neighbourly!
- plan to occupy, but should things change, what do they rent for? - €1,400-€1,800 - depends on bedrooms.
- decent internet provider? Virgin, EIR, Vodafone etc.

Many thanks
Al
Thanks Austy, i'll check when the next batch go on sale, cheers
newbe1

Do you know when the next phase of houses are being released?

Thanks

- % allocated social?

Many thanks
Al
albert

newbe1 wrote: 14 Jun 2021, 16:11 Do you know when the next phase of houses are being released?

Thanks
I think some 2 & 4 beds are available now, but I’m after a 3 bed so have to wait.

Haven’t gotten any dates yet..
vantunes

Hi All, hope all good and safe.

I'm buying an house in Beresford and expected to have the house ready September/October. Starting looking for some of next steps and did find this forum/reviews and comments really useful.

Was looking if the current residents could provide some feed-back/comments/help on:

(1) Attics conversions (Hora recommended Aboutspace.ie)
(2) Floor (we will put wooden floor all house/rooms - Hora recommended John Gouldbury)
(3) Alarms - what people have being installing and recommend for the area.
(4) Broadband best speed and performance to be recommended for the area(Hora mention that Virgin Media has been cabled through the development)
(5) Electricity and heating - does the Air to water Heat pumps works well and the houses well insulate and warm?. Hora mention that expected running cost including all electrical appliances of about €100 per month (heat, hot water, cooking, light, tv’s etc). Is this a realistic cost?

Thanks for any comments in advance, hope to meet some of you near future. Any other advise or recommendation , more than welcome to share. Also notice there's a facebook and whatapps group. Would be great if can be added to the group and participate.

Cheers and Thanks Vitor
gruffalo

vantunes wrote: 22 Jun 2021, 16:55 Hi All, hope all good and safe.

I'm buying an house in Beresford and expected to have the house ready September/October. Starting looking for some of next steps and did find this forum/reviews and comments really useful.

Was looking if the current residents could provide some feed-back/comments/help on:

(1) Attics conversions (Hora recommended Aboutspace.ie) - Some find them expensive but they do the majority of conversions. Would recommend ringing round suppliers to get a cost that fits your budget
(2) Floor (we will put wooden floor all house/rooms - Hora recommended John Gouldbury) - We did our own but John again does a lot of the houses but again you should ring around for costs to fit your budget
(3) Alarms - what people have being installing and recommend for the area. - Each to their own here, wide selection in the estate, depends on what you are looking for
(4) Broadband best speed and performance to be recommended for the area(Hora mention that Virgin Media has been cabled through the development) - Only Virgin available for the first year, their bundles go up to 1GB download speeds, very reliable so far
(5) Electricity and heating - does the Air to water Heat pumps works well and the houses well insulate and warm?. Hora mention that expected running cost including all electrical appliances of about €100 per month (heat, hot water, cooking, light, tv’s etc). Is this a realistic cost? - Houses are extremely well insulated and our bills are currently coming in at under €100 per month BUT it depends on what you are doing, this is only a guide, others do have more expensive bills due to usage i.e. using driers, having heating turned up

Thanks for any comments in advance, hope to meet some of you near future. Any other advise or recommendation , more than welcome to share. Also notice there's a facebook and whatapps group. Would be great if can be added to the group and participate. - Please apply to be added to both, the Administrators of these groups will sort you out

Cheers and Thanks Vitor
Vitor, see above
You know it’s cold outside when you go outside and it’s cold.
Austy

Hi All

I was wondering if any of you used your BER cert number and MRPN to look up your BER on the SEAI website??
I have tried it on mine and the BER can't be found - queried it with SEAI but have had no response.
Has anyone any knowledge of who the BER assessor was?

Thanks!
gruffalo

Looking at my BER certificate it was somebody from SEAI who completed the assessment
You know it’s cold outside when you go outside and it’s cold.
Ciarán

Austy wrote: 15 Jul 2021, 20:20 Hi All

I was wondering if any of you used your BER cert number and MRPN to look up your BER on the SEAI website??
I have tried it on mine and the BER can't be found - queried it with SEAI but have had no response.
Has anyone any knowledge of who the BER assessor was?

Thanks!
It should be in your File that Valerie gave you ?
Ciarán

vantunes wrote: 22 Jun 2021, 16:55 Hi All, hope all good and safe.

(1) Attics conversions (Hora recommended Aboutspace.ie)
(2) Floor (we will put wooden floor all house/rooms - Hora recommended John Gouldbury)
(3) Alarms - what people have being installing and recommend for the area.
(4) Broadband best speed and performance to be recommended for the area(Hora mention that Virgin Media has been cabled through the development)
(5) Electricity and heating - does the Air to water Heat pumps works well and the houses well insulate and warm?. Hora mention that expected running cost including all electrical appliances of about €100 per month (heat, hot water, cooking, light, tv’s etc). Is this a realistic cost?

Thanks for any comments in advance, hope to meet some of you near future. Any other advise or recommendation , more than welcome to share. Also notice there's a facebook and whatapps group. Would be great if can be added to the group and participate.

Cheers and Thanks Vitor

Attic Conversions - I would recommend you get insultation specifications in writing,
Floor -John is good and market price
Boradband had Virgin for year switch to Eir , much faster
Mr.Local

Hi, just wondering what alarm systems people would recommend. I see a lot of people have Usee.ie. Just wondering how people find it and any other recommended companies?

Thanks
Beenthere

Been using usee for 15 years here in Donabate. Local company and really helpful and responsive. I've emailed them whilst I was on holidays a couple of times and they've been great. Definitely would recommend.