Lack of mask wearing starting to creep in

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
yelruf

Vlad the Impaler wrote: 06 Apr 2021, 10:53 Yes,

The beatings should continue until health and moral improves.
One of my all time favourite quotes, Kudos Vlad !
jayflame

Whilst entering Supervalu from the carpark two workmen, wearing Castlerock high vis jackets walked in front of me at around 1330 today ignoring social distancing and not wearing any face covering albeit mask or shield
One of the two actually spat on the ground right by the door entrance.

I felt like removing his ability to carry out such a disgusting task ever again, only they would need assistance with eating for the rest of their life.
And I would probably end up with a criminal record.

I have emailed Castlerock informing them of their workers or contractors wearing their clothing, of their actions.
Banana

there was a piece in Irish times yesterday showing how one shop worker resulted in 54 cases across 7 generations of transmission last week down the country .

Masks are scratchy when you wear them all day and steam up your glasses but they seem to do the job of keeping us safe and I totally agree with you anyone who cant wear a mask should at least wear a visor to do their bit. With things opening up its easy to forget theres still a lot of Covid out there and in Donabate

getting covid or worse Long covid now when we're lashing through the vaccinations would be a bit like getting shot on the last day of the war !
Mr. Stupid

jayflame wrote: 26 May 2021, 23:45 I have emailed Castlerock informing them of their workers or contractors wearing their clothing, of their actions.
Fair play for doing that. Get a snap of them as well next time.

I avoid Loser-value and feel sorry for the people working there.
Vlad the Impaler

Yes, get a snap of them and send directly to Tony Holohan and maybe George Lee as well.

I got a picture of a couple of people hugging yesterday and they weren't even related! Net curtains come in handy.
RJS

People need to get a grip. I am currently working in Kuwait, 46°C midday temperature. We have to wear masks all of the time. I am working outside, on a new gas liquid recovery plant!!!!!!! There is no excuses for us, we have to wear masks not face Shields, or there is no work. Masks are just part of our normal PPE, just like hard hats, gloves, flameproof overalls and safety glasses. If you are not willing to wear your PPE, go home and loose the money you are getting paid.
I am sure that everone can tolerate wearing a mask in 20°C for the 20 minutes it takes to pick up a few messages.. There are no excuses