Beaverstown Road development

Mikekally

Sad to see we can't walk up to the structure overlooking the estuary at the end of Beaverstown Road anymore - seems blocked from cois inbhir side too
Attachments
IMG_20210126_121632.jpg
Ken
Site Admin

I had a previous post regarding this here.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3716

I walked up to the windmill from Beaverstown Road about a month ago. I noticed that they have erected a new fence along the walkway from Beaverstown closing off the fields. What surprised that the fence continue across the lane also closing off the walkway down to the estuary.

I don't believe there is any development planned as that land is all zoned as farming/recreational. The fields behind Kingsland down to the Estuary are owned by McNamara who developed Kingsland. I believe the land with the Windmill and behind that down to the estuary is owned by the developer who developed Rahillion.

I believe everyone in the area understood that his would be a walkway up to the windmill from both the Rahillion and Beaverstown sides.
Regards,

Ken.
Mikekally

I believe everyone in the area understood that his would be a walkway up to the windmill from both the Rahillion and Beaverstown sides.
I thought so too, but it's pretty clearly marked as a no-go. Also to walk down to the waters edge, as I thought that was a right of way, but it's fairly well barricaded now.
Ken
Site Admin

I just sent a mail to Adrian Henchy to see if he knows what's going on. I wonder if that land changed hands recently and is it the new owner that's making the changes?

I don't understand the lane down to the estuary either. That's essentially Beaverstown Road and don't understand why a permanent looking fence has been put across it.

I'll let you know if I hear anything back.
Regards,

Ken.
Spider

I think it's been fenced off to protect wildlife.
Ken
Site Admin

Spider wrote: 26 Jan 2021, 18:19 I think it's been fenced off to protect wildlife.
That would explain the fence along the path, but doesn't explain blocking off public access to the estuary or to the windmill.
Regards,

Ken.
Ken
Site Admin

Adrian Henchy has put a partial explanation here that makes some sense.

However, he doesn't address the fence separating the Beaverstown path from entering the lands where the windmill is.

https://www.facebook.com/cllradrianhenc ... 0360974137
Regards,

Ken.