New road Settlers

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
Beenthere

Star wrote: 05 Aug 2020, 01:57 New visitors arriving this evening.

Some farm animals have been attacked and may need to be put down!

It is disgraceful in this day and age that private residence can be subjected to this behaviour.

Hopefully they will be gone soon.
That's shocking! Guessing that's animals belonging to Donabate Dexter? Find it bizarre that our local representatives are silent and cant help with this. I heard that the courts are being used as the reason that this cant be solved and yet swords courthouse is busy and open as normal!
Beenthere

From the WhatsApp group.

Hello everyone.

Please also note that this is an issue for Fingal County Council. They have a webpage with information for how to report illegal encampments:

https://www.fingal.ie/council/service/i ... -reporting

Please take a few moments and either report it via
Phone: (01) 8905594
Email: Travelleraccommodation@fingal.ie

Feel free to pass this on to other friends/neighbours/whatsapp groups of residents in the area.

Thank you.
bronorton

Beenthere wrote: 05 Aug 2020, 10:48 From the WhatsApp group.

Hello everyone.

Please also note that this is an issue for Fingal County Council. They have a webpage with information for how to report illegal encampments:

Feel free to pass this on to other friends/neighbours/whatsapp groups of residents in the area.

Thank you.
I have done that, automated reply and nothing since. This was over a week ago.

They are well aware of this.
Beenthere

True, got automated response from estate management, maybe the more that report it to FCC and their local Councillors the better. Feel so sorry for the Dexter team they provide Donabate with a great service and looks like their not getting much assistance with this.
JoeBloggs2

bronorton wrote: 05 Aug 2020, 11:14
Beenthere wrote: 05 Aug 2020, 10:48 From the WhatsApp group.

Hello everyone.

Thank you.
I tried the email and number. Just automated replys!! Rang Fingal Co.co on main number also and got nothing... It's disgraceful that you can't even contact them....
Star

From a whatsapp group earlier today

As some of you may be aware, members of the Travelling Community. have arrived in Donabate on the grounds of the old Turvey Golf Club. Where the farm is now.

If you have concerns and wish to assist in getting them moved on you can call the numbers I've detailed below.

They are intimidating residents and amongst other things their dogs are worrying the animals.

Two lambs are now lame and the mammy sheep was so badly bitten it may have to be put down.

Contacts for Coolock HQ
District HQ: Coolock +353 1 666 4200
District HQ Tel: +353 1 666 4282
District Officer: Superintendent Gerard Donnelly
Click on Link and then On Email Link https://www.garda.ie/en/Contact-Us/Stat ... olock.html
Star

Beenthere wrote: 05 Aug 2020, 12:27 True, got automated response from estate management, maybe the more that report it to FCC and their local Councillors the better. Feel so sorry for the Dexter team they provide Donabate with a great service and looks like their not getting much assistance with this.
I just posted info from a whatsapp group for info.

There are 28 apartments on the ground of the old golf club too as well as the farm.
Beenthere

See theres another encampment on the New Road down near Ballymastone this morning.
bronorton

The litter is actually disgusting
Star

bronorton wrote: 09 Aug 2020, 12:11 The litter is actually disgusting
I agree and the smell from their 'toilet' is 1 million times worse when the smell blows in the wrong direction!

There was around 50 caravans on the grounds of turvey golf club. There are still a lot left but hopefully the ones who left don't all relocate to another part of Donabate or Portrane.2
Beenthere

I see the Gardai are down with the caravans beside Newbridge House, hopefully the residents down in Turvey Villas have the same news there today. The dirt left on the Hearse Road is disgusting..
Ciaran

If any of you were consistently treated the same way that you're talking about these folks, I suspect you'd also begin to lose respect for your (likely temporary) surroundings as well. The small-mindedness, intolerance and snobbery on display in this thread is a lot more disgusting than any rubbish being left around IMO. I imagine none of you have ever taken the time to actually understand the situation that the travelling community find themselves in.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting that Fingal CoCo shouldn't do something, of course they should, but the rotten attitude and unnecessary, nasty comments in here wasn't what I expected more from my fellow Donabate-ians.
Ken
Site Admin

<Admin Note>

We have received a number of reports about his post. It's a delicate matter, but nonetheless having an impact on the peninsula. Please keep it factual and relevant to the area. Please refrain from wide sweeping remarks about the Travelling community.
Regards,

Ken.
MarioG

It would be interesting to see if Ciaran held the same virtue-signalling attitude were a 30/40 strong group of travellers to set up near his home, with the associated unpleasantness that accompanies this.

Ken, the admin, is right, stick to facts and avoid mud slinging and an ill-advised generalisation of a particular cohort of society. So, the facts are thus: those members of the travelling community that have set up camp in or around Donabate on a number of occasions in the last 12 months have, as a matter of course and without exception, destroyed the environs in which they have overtaken without permission, left huge amounts of rubbish in their wake, been a general eye sore on the village and have inconvenienced locals.

Responsibility to improve the infrastructural issues rests with local authorities, however, that’s just the tip of the iceberg in terms of the societal issues associated with travellers, put simply, based on recent experiences in Donabate, travellers simply do nothing to help themselves and assimilate into local communities when they overwhelm private lands and damage property and/or grounds as they have done recently in Donabate.
Star

Facts:

Illegally entered private property and damaged property in the process

Obscenities shouted at residents

Chose to dedicate and urinate at the closest possible point to private reaidents

Farm animals killed

Farm animals maimed so badly they needed to be put down

Residents intimidated

Illegal dumping

Objects thrown at residents

These are few of the things members of our community have had yo endure.

Regardless of committed these acts it is not ok and I would becalling for them to be reported too.

To suddenly have 150 + uninvited visitors regardless of their ethnic group behave like this is not ok.

I apologise if i have offended anyone with my comments. I hope this post clarifies that regardless who commits these acts I would be speaking out against it.

Broad sweeping statements about any group is not ok in my book either.
EB1986

Typical nonsense by some social warrior up there. As always double standards.

We who commented on this are not generalising all of the travelling community. We are addressing concerns of the ones who have come and left a mess, intimidated residents, thrown all their rubbish into the trees in the park including feces, seen entering peoples estates, let their dogs attack farm animals and so on. Id be raising the same concerns regardless who did it.
Shedman

<Admin Note - Post Deleted>

Please read the points I made in my earlier post.

Ken.
dearg11

Ciaran wrote: 10 Aug 2020, 13:57 If any of you were consistently treated the same way that you're talking about these folks, I suspect you'd also begin to lose respect for your (likely temporary) surroundings as well. The small-mindedness, intolerance and snobbery on display in this thread is a lot more disgusting than any rubbish being left around IMO. I imagine none of you have ever taken the time to actually understand the situation that the travelling community find themselves in.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting that Fingal CoCo shouldn't do something, of course they should, but the rotten attitude and unnecessary, nasty comments in here wasn't what I expected more from my fellow Donabate-ians.
dearg11

Trolling I take it

You're that concerned about the plight of our "visitors" , why don't you invite them to stay in your home , they could use your fine toilet and washing facilities while you exchange cultural views.

Meanwhile back in the real world , I'm afraid I haven't been "woked" yet or suffer from "taxpayers privilege" , so please forgive me my lack of empathy , but I'm sure with their new recognised ethnicity they'll get accommodated somewhere which might alleviate their awful plight
Paulo

dearg11 wrote: 11 Aug 2020, 21:14 Trolling I take it

You're that concerned about the plight of our "visitors" , why don't you invite them to stay in your home , they could use your fine toilet and washing facilities while you exchange cultural views.

Meanwhile back in the real world , I'm afraid I haven't been "woked" yet or suffer from "taxpayers privilege" , so please forgive me my lack of empathy , but I'm sure with their new recognised ethnicity they'll get accommodated somewhere which might alleviate their awful plight
Excellent post. It’s not fashionable for the cowardly mainstream media to report crime on ethnic groups these days. However if this was a group of holiday makers who set up camp illegally and committed the same crimes we’d damn sure hear about it.
Star

Delighted to report they are gone!!!
Matsugawa

Star wrote: 11 Aug 2020, 23:07 Delighted to report they are gone!!!
From which areas - Turvey, Ballymastone or near the entrance to Newbridge?
Star

Sorry definitely Turvey where there were 50 caravans at one point.

I am pretty certain the 3 by Newbridge have gone too. I think the Council had an order executed there.

I didn't realise that there was a 3rd illegal encampment.
bronorton

There was one off the new road near St Pats
Star

bronorton wrote: 12 Aug 2020, 13:33 There was one off the new road near St Pats
Oh no, I hope more don't arrive.there. The filth, mess and destruction if property left behind at Turvey is sickening.

They went out if their way to be as vile as they could be and left hazardous waste behind also.

Hopefully the grounds at St Pat's doesn't suffer in the same way.