Corona Virus

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yCPR- ... sp=sharing

PLEASE - don't feel safe and don't let the children out alone.. :cry:
Peter V

Hey Supervalu!
You know the way you have those stickers helping people to stay 2m apart at the tills? Well here's an idea: How about you stock the shelves out of hours so that the aisles aren't blocked with trolleys and your staff making it impossible to avoid brushing past people at 15cm?
I was in there today and it was a bloody joke trying to negotiate the obstacles.
diggerbarnes

They probably have no control over what time the delivery truck arrives.
Zo123

Peter V wrote: 21 Mar 2020, 19:13 Hey Supervalu!
You know the way you have those stickers helping people to stay 2m apart at the tills? Well here's an idea: How about you stock the shelves out of hours so that the aisles aren't blocked with trolleys and your staff making it impossible to avoid brushing past people at 15cm?
I was in there today and it was a bloody joke trying to negotiate the obstacles.
What a ridiculous comment. You've no idea the pressures these supermarket workers are under at the minute. Fair play to all the stores not just super valu for the great service you are continuing to provide to all communities at this time.
Pip

Would you prefer the shelves to be empty ? The people working there should be rewarded. We need to give them space to allow them continue providing a wonderful and vital service, while remaing safe themselves. Well done Supervalue and the whole crew working there. Thank you.
Peter V

No, I'd rather they stocked the shelves out of hours and did not put their staff and customers at risk. I'd rather we gave their staff the space to work safely. That's what I'd rather. Your post is so dumb and self-contradictory I won't even bother with it.
Sunny

Sorry Peter. Your post is the dumb one. Supermarkets cant wait to stock shelves if the shelves are empty. Your suggestion will just lead to more people going to supermarkets on a daily basis. As said above, if they are stocking shelves, give them room or politely ask if you can get something or get past. It's not difficult. Supermarkets are playing a key role in this battle and it is not a time for negative ignorant posts. Their staff are going to work every day when a lot of have been sent home to work in the safety of our own houses
jayflame

Everyone should treat this like a Zombie Apocalypse, but without killing each other or panic buying.
Stay at home and only go out when necessary.

Going to the park, beach or social visiting friends or family is not necessary whereas going to the Doctors, pharmacy or food shops is.

To quote Piers Morgan on Good Morning Britain, "You are being asked to stay at home and watch TV, how hard can that be?"
Vlad the Impaler

What’s wrong with a walk on the beach as long as you stay 2m away from others?

Same with Newbridge for a walk? Again, keeping your distance.

I’m think some people are turning into Corona Nazis. We are not in lockdown.
jayflame

A cough can travel up to 6 meters, a sneeze over 8 meters and droplets active for over 10 minutes

But we are being "advised" that during this Covid-19 crisis we should stay 2 meters apart.
And people think it is safe to go to public spaces where winds can carry contaminants further.
Symptoms show after 14 days, but can be contagious any time before that.
You may not display symptoms but can still be a carrier.

14 days you are being asked.
14 days to stay home
14 days to not go out
14 days to save lives

Businesses are asking staff to work from home
Banks are closing
Football is cancelled
Concerts are cancelled
Pubs and restaurants have closed.
McDonalds has even closed ffs!!!
Spain, Italy and India have places on lockdown.
UK National Trust has closed
Glendalough is closed!

This speaks volumes.

To quote midsummermurder;
This is a conversation you do not want to be having in years to come:
"Remember the time you didn't take the coronavirus seriously...and you killed granny."
This virus is not like a piss ring in a swimming pool, you can't see it.

But hey, it's ok so long as we keep 2 meters apart

You do the math.

Stay safe and stay home as most healthcare workers would ask.
They are already under strain and don't need your ignorance adding to it.
Vlad the Impaler

Who’s asking us to stay at home for 14 days?
Vlad the Impaler

My sister is a nurse and my cousin is a doctor. Neither are telling me to lock-down.

How would we buy goods at the supermarket?

There seems to be two extremes here. People who don’t give a shit and those that want total lockdown - as if this will all be over in 2 weeks.

We’re looking at months. Let’s just be sensible and follow government guidelines.
Sunny

Yeah there is no issue with a walk at the moment. Instead of giving information about the distance that sneezed and coughs travel, I could get my 6 year old to teach adults how to cough and sneeze properly without spreading it. People just need to be sensible. Going to howth and queuing for fish and chips is not sensible. Going for walks with groups is not sensible. Sitting down on the beach beside other people is not sensible. Walking two and three abreast is not sensible. People going out for a walk by themselves or with someone else is perfectly understanding. You might like Piers Morgan but being told to sit at home and watch him on tv is mentally damaging. I have a sister in France and I know what she has to go through. We might get there but we are there yet. Our public health response in the Country has been top notch compared to other countries. We are at half the predicted rate of contagion. That could well change today but for now, more than happy to follow public health officials rather and their advice rather than politicians and people on social media.
midsomermurderer

I have no issue with people "within their household group" going for a walk/cycle in Newbridge or the beach.
This means no neighbours, no barbecues, no grannies at the weekend.

But bear in mind that at the weekends those not blessed with amenities like ours during the week may visit.
So maybe think about somewhere else at the weekends.

The issue I have is with parents who are allowing their teenagers out to mingle with groups/friends.
I double dare some scrote to cough in my face for a laugh.
diggerbarnes

Won't someone please think of the grandads?!
pat mustard

there may be more grandads and dads not really planned over the next 2 months. :lol:

Stay safe all.
Essexboy

You have to love this social distance... about 30 kids just walked in front of the wife’s car coming into somerton, when the wife beeped they threw something hitting our car!!! Now I have been told I cannot go out to find them... please keep your kids in or at least know what they are doing!!! This will only get worse...
Mr. Stupid

Hi Folks,
Big favour to ask for any joggers. You are puffing and panting and you need to give people 2M when you pass them out. There are older people walking on the footpath, or have a pram or just don't see you coming.

One brushed shoulder with me yesterday and I saw another this morning who didn't give an elderly person space. Please make the effort and give the 2M.

Thanks
jayflame

I've seen joggers running in tandem or more at 2 meters apart, but downwind of each other.
Pretty pointless really.
You're running into someone else's breath
jayflame

So, lockdown until 12th of April.
Sad that it's come to this, but people just don't grasp the magnitude of this and claim we are being over zealous when telling people to stay at home.

Now the government tells you, will you listen?

There's enough shite on TV. Twitter, Facebook and many other social media mediums to get you through

Help the health service by staying at home and staying safe.
Stop the spread at your doorstep
patsman

Too right jayflame. I hope the gardai can be provided with the necessary legislation to enforce 2km rule.
Vlad the Impaler

Newbridge remaining open to locals for walks, yeah?
Vlad the Impaler

Ah, Newbridge is open to local pedestrians
albert

Great it's still open. Donegal beaches are shut.

How the f**k did Anne Frank manage for two f**king years?
Pip

Don't think about it too much. Play with the kids. Do something in the house you have been intending to do for ages. Relax and read a book. Do a Jig saw. Or just chill and watch TV. A couple of weeks ago we would have loved to have some chill time. Now we have it just embrace it. Forget about outside for a while. We will be back in the rat race soon enough. That's what I'm doing. :D