SuperValu Overcharging.

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
Banacht

Once again, I was overcharged in SuperValu. This is something that seems to happen on a weekly basis. When challenged we get the same answer from the staff “Oh sorry, the special mustn’t have been put on the system!” <Admin snip>.

<Admin note> - Post edited by admin. Please refer to the forum charter.
Peter V

Careful. If you aren't posting about the horrors of war you may be accused of whingeing
bcronin

Hey all

I do feel because we are in a village we are taken advantage of. Prices in the Pavillions are far cheaper compared to Donabate. I am not complaining about the staff, they are brilliant.

I am just getting peed off with them taking advantage of us. The quicker another supermarket comes to the village the better.
Banacht

Here we go again!
Two corn fed chicken advertised for €10. When I checked the receipt I was charged €5.99 each.
Another €1.98 that Supervalu tried to over charge me.
lofty

The €1.98 is for the corn :-)
bevertonian

€4.99 for 56 Dettol Wipes - cashing in on the current situation - oh the shelf price was €4.75 - Double whammy .....
Pip

I take my hat off to Supervalue. I think they are doing a fantastic job. 1. Dedicated staff to help elderly in the mornings. 2. Electronic hand sanitiser. 3. Disinfectant products to clean trolly handles. 4. Cleaning baskets. Finally I would like to applaud them for keeping the shelves stocked ( including dettol wipes, )and keeping the shop opened. under these extreem conditions. The staff still smiling. WELL DONE SUPERVALUE DONABATE MANAGEMENT AND STAFF. :D Stay safe.
Spider

For once I agree that Supervalu have really impressed me with the way they're handling things. It's the only supermarket I have been to that's providing with hand sanitizer, wipes, disinfectant and paper towels available.
bevertonian

Yeah hats off too SV for taking steps to ensure customers safety which is very commendable, however this is not what the thread is about, it’s about them overcharging their customers which they have been doing for years.