Yet Another Power Cut

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
Purple Lady

Spider wrote: 25 Feb 2020, 17:45 FCC saying midnight tonight, IW saying tomorrow night.
Water's back now just before 11pm. Just realised the new day starts at midnight, so midnight 26th Feb is the beginning of the 26th. You gotta laugh otherwise you'd cry.
alkaline

Pip wrote: 13 Feb 2020, 15:25 It would be interesting to know the exact figures. But I reckon power outages would be 8 times a year. Water maybe 5/6 times a year. With 4 being planned 2/3 due to burst mains. There is never a reason for ESB outages normally the recorded message just says " known fault " I would love to know the real reason.
I think these are very fair guesstimates particularly if you live on the village side of the railway tracks.
a crazy few years utilities wise, on top of everything else, This is to be life in D/P I think.
This begins and ends with FCC and their planning vision for Donabate.
Lavidolas

One last week and another today - not great for those of us trying to WFH!
blow-in

There has to be a link to the fact that there were no issues, during the enforced construction lockdown. During that time, I'm sure domestic usage would have been higher than since the restrictions were eased.
jayflame

It does seem coincidental that during the Covid-19 lockdown period this year that there were hardly, if at all, any power or water outages.
Now that lockdown is being lifted and construction works have started again, outages occur.

You would think that with more people working from home, the demand on electricity would have been greater and outages would have increased.

I would expect a much better supply service considering the Irish per hour charge is circa 12% above EU average.
So what is our money going on?

And there is to be an increase in demand on the peninsular as the housing and population increases.
So are we to expect more outages?

I love living here and always say "find me somewhere better", but now it's more like find me somewhere with stable electrical power and water.

Utilities here have gotten worse in last 8 years, not better