The Minister for Seagulls

All political discussion belongs in here!
jack white

Bye-election time in our constituency. The posters have started going up, already.

And already one of the candidates, Lorraine Clifford-Lee is on the front page of the Independent apologising for some off colour tweets she sent ages ago.

A bad start to her campaign but those tweets aren't even remotely as embarrassing as her anti-seagull campaign of a few years ago. I recall getting a glossy flyer in the post from her in which, at a time of rampant unemployment and terrible cutbacks, she made it clear that her priority was eradicating the nightmarish flocks of man-eating seagulls in Balbriggan. Her attempt to become the Minister for Seagulls failed when she was beaten to the Fianna Fail seat by Daragh O'Brien in the 2016 general election.

Nevertheless, she came up with a unique idea for getting rid of seagulls. Shoot lasers at them. Obviously.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/u ... 14833.html

I know Fianna Fail is at a low ebb and trying to overcome the votegate debacle which has left them looking like a bunch of hopeless amateurs but surely they could have picked a better candidate.
Lightworker

Hello, I saw that and in fact I was only thinking at the weekend that I see this candidate all over social media (and now on lamp-posts), jumping on every bandwagon for a photo opp but I have no idea what she stands for or what she is going to do differently for our community. I made a mental note to ask the question when she knocks on my door. It is ironic that her social media activity is now catching up. I hope that in person she will give a better account of herself.