Illegal right turning at Semple Woods

A group for all topics relating to SSPD
Fr Jack

Who has allowed this to happen? Has nobody explained to Fingal and Glenveagh that a chevron is on the road to prevent traffic from entering? And where are the cars stopping to turn right??? In the feckin Chevron!! I think if there is a crash there, i would say the car making the illegal right turn won't be covered by insurance. All idiots!!
Zo123

Have you any suggestions for how the residents should enter the estate legally given you know more than all the idiots?
Fr Jack

Asking me for suggestions?? The people in planning in Fingal co co and Glenveagh are the people you should ask for suggestions. I'm only highlighting the obvious. One of many i might add :roll:
Zo123

Yeah if you are going to point out that all involved are idiots a man as smart as yourself should have a few solutions.
Fr Jack

Do you not think what is going on there is idiotic? First thing that should have happened is a proper lane for turning right. Before anyone moved in. Would you not agree with that? The bad decisions were made long before now. I've stated to the idiots in both Fingal and Glenveagh long before anything was built there what was going to happen. Neither want to know anything about it. Maybe some evening you will get caught behind one of those cars turning right when they suddenly decide to jam on in front of you. A short term solution to them is to drive on up to the Maxol and turn around to come back out of Donabate and turn left into the estate. No illegal turning then :roll:
Zo123

I actually agree with your point that the entrance/approach is really poor. It's the overall passive aggressive, ranty describing everyone as idiots that I think is unnecessary.
The biggest issue I can see there is the fact that there is no traffic calming on approach to the entrance. And with the entrance just after the top of a hill it gives very little time for traffic to slow down and react to someone turning right.
Traffic moves too fast on that section of the hearse road as it is that accidents there are inevitable.
Ken
Site Admin

It does appear to be poor planning which isn't surprising. I haven't seen a sign that says there is no right turn into Semple Woods when heading towards the village although the road markings do suggest there shouldn't be one.

What's the alternative for SW residents approaching in the direction of the village? Turning at Maxol isn't a safe solution. Will they be expected to travel down the distributor road and approach via New Road? Seems a crazy set up.

SW should have opened on to the distributor road. The entrance is badly located and will become another Hearse Road accident black spot.
Regards,

Ken.
Roger81

Fr Jack,

As an expert on idiots you’ll certainly know that only idiots ask questions they don’t know the answer to, you’ll also know that only idiots wouldn’t know the relevant roads legislation and/rules of the road without seeking to point out relevant breaches. As an expert you might therefore point out where the illegal right turn is for the idiots, in circumstances where there is no “no right turn” sign, either temporary or permanent, and also in circumstances where it was Fingal CC who put the island in back to front. Surely such an obvious error would be obvious to someone as smart as you? Thanks for all your expert observations, I’m sure all of the idiots are grateful for such an informative and educational contribution.