New Houses at Beresford

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
SwordsMammy

Hey guys. Just wondering when your houses are due to be ready in Beresford Avenue? We haven’t got our contract yet. Ours is due to be ready in March.
Kazro

SwordsMammy wrote: 02 Jul 2019, 14:03 Hey guys. Just wondering when your houses are due to be ready in Beresford Avenue? We haven’t got our contract yet. Ours is due to be ready in March.
Hi SwordsMammy,

Yep, we were told March as well. Fingers crossed...
RunningAround

We’ve bought in the court. Just to give you an idea of timelines, we signed contracts in March and had an initial move in date of May, which moved to end of June, we snagged today so not too far off our June date.
My advice would be add a couple of months on for your own sanity 😊
SwordsMammy

Aw thank you! Good luck with your move!!
Darragh_12

NewToVillage wrote: 10 Jun 2019, 07:51
Newtoarea wrote: 09 Jun 2019, 19:13 Hi there,
No, haven’t received any replies yet about the dimensions. Am going to mail Aidan Hora tomorrow to see if he can provide them so that we can get the sitting room stuff ordered. Will pass on the dimensions through this forum if I get them. Also will ask Aidan if there is going to be any of the houses open on the site on a Saturday as then we could remeasure. Our house doesn’t have the roof on yet but we are told late August handover🧐.. hope it’s 2019 and not 2020😂

Thanks for getting back so quick. Hope its 2019😂! We have been told end July but we are nearer the avenue end. Open house would be brilliant, would be great to get all the measurements.
Hi all

Did you end up getting the measurements in the end? I am sure the 3 seater sofa will fit although we took that measurements a while back.

Thanks
RunningAround

Anyone in the court have working broadband yet?

I just contacted virgin media who said they are not active yet....
Fwp77

Good to check with Valarie in the office on site as she will have the details of timelines for switch on of broadband etc.

They are also extremely helpful and made our life very easy 😊

We just closed last week and are delighted with our new house!
RunningAround

Thanks will do.

We are hoping to get the keys today!! Houses are finished so we’ll, can’t wait to get in now!! :)

Fwp77 wrote: 10 Jul 2019, 10:43 Good to check with Valarie in the office on site as she will have the details of timelines for switch on of broadband etc.

They are also extremely helpful and made our life very easy 😊

We just closed last week and are delighted with our new house!
SarahJoe

Does anybody know if the showhouse will be open this weekend? TIA
SarahJoe

Kazro wrote: 02 Jul 2019, 11:22
SarahJoe wrote: 02 Jul 2019, 11:11
Kazro wrote: 02 Jul 2019, 08:42 Hi all.

We have put a deposit down on a house in Beresford Avenue too :D Just wondering whether anyone has received their contracts yet? We were originally told we’d have them about a fortnight ago but haven’t heard anything.
Hello,

We put a deposit down almost two months ago now and signed the contracts the week before last. All in all I think it was 7 weeks in total which wasn't too bad!
Brilliant thanks for that! I wasn’t sure whether to follow up with them or not. We only put our deposit down about three weeks ago. It’s all starting to get real :lol:
I think our solicitor followed up for us but they had them over to them within a few weeks so I don't think there should be too much of a delay!
Bsah14

RunningAround wrote: 09 Jul 2019, 15:27 Anyone in the court have working broadband yet?

We bought in the Cresent hoping to be moved in the next few months. I know there are virgin media points in the houses but I take it we are not stuck with Virgin and can use other providers? Was with Virgin for years but with Sky broadband now and I would never go back, the cost isn't worth their service provided. Anyone moved in already looked elsewhere?
SwordsMammy

I second that!! We switched to Sky from Virgin too and hope to continue with Sky when we move to Beresford! Would love to hear from other people who have done this. We have seen a few satellite dishes around so looking like sky tv is available!
Bsah14 wrote: 11 Jul 2019, 13:06
RunningAround wrote: 09 Jul 2019, 15:27 Anyone in the court have working broadband yet?

We bought in the Cresent hoping to be moved in the next few months. I know there are virgin media points in the houses but I take it we are not stuck with Virgin and can use other providers? Was with Virgin for years but with Sky broadband now and I would never go back, the cost isn't worth their service provided. Anyone moved in already looked elsewhere?
RunningAround

SwordsMammy wrote: 11 Jul 2019, 14:20 I second that!! We switched to Sky from Virgin too and hope to continue with Sky when we move to Beresford! Would love to hear from other people who have done this. We have seen a few satellite dishes around so looking like sky tv is available!
Bsah14 wrote: 11 Jul 2019, 13:06

I believe until Eir put in connections a lot of the other providers (Vodafone, pure telecom, etc) are not available.
From previous releases in the estate Eir don’t do things quickly!
Not sure which line sky is on, might be worth giving them a call.

Virgin media were on site today so hopefully they will have finished the connections for the rest of the court!
newresidents18

We recently moved in & we have never touched the heat pump settings as it advised not to in the manual. However, the house is extremely warm which is great but we turned the dial of the thermostats down (upstairs and downstairs) as I had hoped this would cool the house somehow, but they dont seem to do anything at all. Is there something I'm missing? The thermostats go as low as 10 degrees but yet the house is still 27 degrees at night. Any advice would be very much appreciated as we are melting Haha
Jerrydoha

Anyone have any idea if there is a school bus pickup from Beresford to St Patrick's girls school on the Portrane Road. Bit of a hike. Thanks
Gillchan

newresidents18 wrote: 13 Jul 2019, 13:46 We recently moved in & we have never touched the heat pump settings as it advised not to in the manual. However, the house is extremely warm which is great but we turned the dial of the thermostats down (upstairs and downstairs) as I had hoped this would cool the house somehow, but they dont seem to do anything at all. Is there something I'm missing? The thermostats go as low as 10 degrees but yet the house is still 27 degrees at night. Any advice would be very much appreciated as we are melting Haha
The heat pump is set on a waather compensation curve. When the external temp reaches 22 degrees it automatically switches off. Inside everything is controlled via the thermostats as you know. We haven't used our heating since end of May. The houses are just super warm. Only advice I can give and it works well for us upstairs is during the day to keep the blinds down and the windows closed. We open them about 6pm and open the windows wide open. It cools the rooms quickly. I also leave the window in my room open at night.
Fwp77

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for bathroom mirror installers.

Thanks.
Dreamliner

Hi All,

Has anyone painted there internal doors?
Any recommendations for a painter and tiler also?
Also how long does the Attic conversion take in reality? About space advised 10 working days.

Thanks
Fwp77

We had our attic done with About Space. It takes approx 10 days but longer if you want an en-suite.
We are both absolutely delighted with the transformation and think it is the best investment one can make! Pat and his team (Gerry, Dan, Stephen and James) really take the time to consider the best use of your space. Nothing is a problem for them. All of the team are completely approachable. In fact we are slightly sad that they are finishing as they were great fun to have around. Another piece that was important is that they are very respectful of your home and always tidied up every evening. The extra space is fantastic. Couldn’t recommend Pat highly enough.
midsomermurderer

If it's similar to Beverton Meadows (i.e. the new part of the estate) you'll only get broadband from Eir or Vodafone.

Sky and Virgin do not provide broadband services here yet other than TV (Sky = satellite).
Fwp77

Hi all,

Thinking about getting shutters in the future. Would appreciate any info as don’t know much about them.

We noticed beautiful shutters on one house in Beresford Woods but unfortunately don’t know who fitted them.

Thanks!
loewe55

Hi there, hopefully moving into Crescent in next few weeks.... any further updates on available internet providers??
Is there Virgin and/or Eir available now? Or is Sky an option as well?

Thank you.
Chilliwoods

Fwp77 wrote: 26 Aug 2019, 18:02 Hi all,

Thinking about getting shutters in the future. Would appreciate any info as don’t know much about them.

We noticed beautiful shutters on one house in Beresford Woods but unfortunately don’t know who fitted them.

Thanks!
Hi

I’m in Beresford woods. If you want to PM and I can give you details of who we used, would 100% recommend them

Thanks
Fwp77

Thank you.

Have sent a pm.
Ken
Site Admin

Please note as an anti-SPAM measure you can't send PMs with less than 3 posts. Post here to bring your count up.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1148
Regards,

Ken.