Orchard Close

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
levene

I am interesting in purchasing in this area. Is this a nice quiet area to live in at the back of the development there an old warehouse in use. Can anyone tell me what this is. And is it very hard to get your kids into schools in that area my daughter will be in 5th class next year.

Levene
Quello Serio

Do you mean 'Orchard Close'?

You'd need to contact the schools directly, there are two:
http://www.dpetns.ie/ and http://www.scoilphadraiccailini.ie/
levene

Yes sorry Orchid Close thanks i contact the schools. Do you know what the warehouse is behind this estate
levene

Orchard Close looks like a quiet area have driven around at day time and night time to check it out.

Levene
Defcom

I can tell you that orchard close is a very quite little cul da sac, with a very neighbourly community. Very safe all times of the day. There's not one bad family on that road.
Willie2008

Orchard close is a lovely little estate. Preschools can be hard to get into in Donabate. I would advise registering your child a year or 2 in advance. As some else said primary & secondary schools you would need to contact directly.
levene

Guys

Thanks for the imput guys. I drove around to have a look at the warehouses at back of the development its cement mixing place for builders.
Defcom

That builders yard will not always be there, as far as i know theirs housing going in there at some point
Ken
Site Admin

IIRC, there was planning permission sought for what is currently being used as a builder's yard about 15 years ago and it was rejected. That yard is part of of the large old house on Beaverstown Road which is a listed building. Some of the out buildings that are currently in the builder's yard could also be listed.

This house was originally the Farm Manager's house for Barnewall Estate (which included the ex Turvey golf club and Beaverstown golf club).
Regards,

Ken.