New Houses at Beresford

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
Markr1492

We snagged ours, feel free to PM me.
Anxious to get in now ourselves
Joe89

loriscn12 wrote: 14 Feb 2019, 19:27 Hey all, me and my girlfriend have bought in Beresford Crescent, the delivery date is fixed for August, hopefully that won't be delayed :(.

One question I'd like to ask those who already moved in: is the area/development quite at night and in general, how do you feel about the possibility of social housing being established as one single apartments block?
We have visited the development to see the houses last weekend and immediately fell in love with Beresford, we liked the surroundings etc... however, I'd like to hear impressions from people who already live there :)

Looking forward to meeting all of you at some point.

Cheers, L.
Hi, myself and my wife have bought in the crescent as well, just wondering what number you have purchased as we’ve been told late September most likely October for ours. We’re in number 28.

Joe
loriscn12

Hey glad to hear you have bought in the crescent as welll. We're in n 21, we have been told July/August.

Looking forward to meeting with you guys once we move in. :)

Cheers, L.
AngelaG

Guys we were told Oct-Dec initially for our house on the court and still haven't even snagged yet so I wouldn't expect July/August to be realistic for the crescent I'm afraid
Jay

Hello everyone,

I've just finished typing up my snag list for Beresford Court.

If anyone else has snagged there's and would like to compare notes, please feel free to PM me.

Overall, I'm very happy with the house and the finish. But there are a couple of relatively big snags I suspect will be common across the entire street (e.g. the standard of painting, which I wasn't thrilled with). Would be good to hear how others got on.

Thanks,
Jay
Ebmk

Hi Jay,

We got our snag done nearly a week ago. I also managed to sneak on site a couple of days before to have a look for myself. All in all it looks good. Like you, we have asked for a repaint in places. The front door and stairs banister were scratched so will need to be repainted. Not always the easiest to get a response from Valerie or Aidan but hope to get the 2nd snag done this week as we are in a big rush to get in before the end of the month. Can't wait to finally get in!

Martin
JCO

Ebmk wrote: 11 Mar 2019, 15:08 Hi Jay,

We got our snag done nearly a week ago. I also managed to sneak on site a couple of days before to have a look for myself. All in all it looks good. Like you, we have asked for a repaint in places. The front door and stairs banister were scratched so will need to be repainted. Not always the easiest to get a response from Valerie or Aidan but hope to get the 2nd snag done this week as we are in a big rush to get in before the end of the month. Can't wait to finally get in!

Martin
Hi Jay,

I was just wondering who you used for your snagging and valuation?

We had something sorted but now need to change it.

Thanks in advance.
Jay

Hi JCO,

We used Redmond Property in Swords for the valuation.

I snagged myself so I can't recommend anyone personally. But I do know Hora recommend Tom Costello (Homesnag - 086 8469542). Hope that helps.

Jay
JCO

Jay wrote: 12 Mar 2019, 17:00 Hi JCO,

We used Redmond Property in Swords for the valuation.

I snagged myself so I can't recommend anyone personally. But I do know Hora recommend Tom Costello (Homesnag - 086 8469542). Hope that helps.

Jay
Thanks so much Jay!
Hopefully things finally start to get moving soon for us on the other side of the road!

Anxious to get in at this stage!
Dan

Hi all, just wondering if you can help us out. We have bought a house in Beresford Crescent and will be moving in shortly. We are looking for a reliable cleaner to come in and do a proper clean down of the house before we lay carpets, etc... Do you have any recommendations of people you have used? Thanks in advance.
Dan
Dubliners

Hi, we just put a deposit down on mid terrace on Crescent. But starting to rethink due to the share lane passage. Is it possible that it’s going to be shared by more then two houses?
Also Aidan never mentioned apartments being built... is that still on the cards ?
We are not in any rush to buy as such but really did like the estate but rethinking the position of the house we’ve gotten...
Jay

Hi Dubliners, on the Court the shared side entrances are only for two houses max. Could be different on the Crescent if the terraces contain more than four houses (AKA two end of terrace with two mid terrace in between). Not sure what's happening with the apartments, but last I heard from Hora is they were going to be townhouses rather than apartments.
Dubliners

Hi Jay thanks! That was the layout of the house we had viewed. But the layout on the plan for the cresent appears slightly different.
I’ll have to go back an ask for more details. We had assumed that the mid terraces would all be the same layout. Really useful forum here. Thanks again.
Residents19

Hi,
We were looking at a house on the crescent and the lane was to be shared by 4 houses.
Have since changed to one in the court , but in the crescent it was shared by 4. In saying that, I honestly don't think it would be an issue. Last time I went up the lanes looked well finished and stong side gates.
Looks like such a nice estate, excited to move in now!
AngelaG

We have bought on the court...24-33 side and there are 4 houses sharing the laneway
NewToVillage

Morning All,
Thanks for all the information so far its really helpul. We have bought on court 34 - 46 side and given july date:)
For anyone snagging three bed end terrace were you provided details on sqm of the floors in order to source wooden floors / carpet for stairs / windows for blinds ect?
Looking to get quotes but hard without details.
Thanks
Residents19

Hi,

would anyone be able to recommend somewhere for flooring? Heard there's savings to be had for shopping around. Thanks!
evebros

John Gouldsbury is doing our floors this week. He came highly recommended and from what we have heard he is doing lots of the floors in Beresford. He has a Facebook page with lots of pictures you can check out.
Haribo

I can second that recommendation for John Gouldsbury... he was finishing off our flooring in the Court today when I called in...the finish looks superb. He's very easy to deal with and get's the job done with minimal hassle.
JCO

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has moved into the court yet? Just trying to gauge the time line for us on the other side of the road!

Thanks!
Ebmk

Hi JCO, We got our keys today and are moving in tomorrow. Looks like one or two houses are already occupied. The houses opposite us look nearly done. Plenty of activity.
Dubliners

Hi again,

Just wondering if anyone moved in yet has an East to West facing garden? How much light are you getting! I appreciate the majority of the sunlight will be in the morning at the back of the garden. Just curious if the gardens are long enough to get some sunlight again in the evening?
JCO

Ebmk wrote: 22 Mar 2019, 21:18 Hi JCO, We got our keys today and are moving in tomorrow. Looks like one or two houses are already occupied. The houses opposite us look nearly done. Plenty of activity.
Thanks Ebmk!

Hopefully we won't be too long behind you guys so! Enjoy moving in, it's exciting!
Newtoarea

Congratulations to those who have moved in and are nearly there, very exciting. Estate looks lovely. We have bought in the Court 39-46, due to be completed in July... but houses only half way up at moment so not sure how realistic July is😱. Hopefully the weather will stay good which would help.

Have some questions that hopefully one of you will be able to answer?

Are the bathroom floors tiled or left bare?
Anyone get tiled floors in kitchen diner?
Any recommendations for a tiler?
Has anyone gotten built in units either side of fireplace in sitting room and if so any recommendation for a tradesman?

Sorry for lots of questions and thanks in advance for any info.😀
Ebmk

The bathrooms are tiled. You do not get a choice of tile but I like the tiles that they chose. We put wooden floors down so can't recommend a tiller.