New Houses at Beresford

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
donabateres

cbc wrote: 05 Feb 2019, 11:51
Batman3 wrote: 04 Feb 2019, 15:30
wes87 wrote: 04 Feb 2019, 09:31 Hi all,

We recently bought in the Court. Noticing a bit of chat about a gate walkway down by Beverton/Ballisk and got me thinking - is there a route to the train station/village that doesn't entail walking out onto Turvey Road?

Just trying to find out walk times etc

I have estimated (based on Google Maps and it's estimated times on walks I already do) that I would walk from the from gates of Beresford to the station in just shy of 10 mins at a good mornings pace. Is there an alternative route that would be quicker, or even safer at night?

Likewise for the village....

Any info on rat runs for pedestrians and current blockers in the estate at all would be appreciated
12-15 mins depending how fast you walk... even if you take the short cut through the connection opening and out at bottom of Beverton estate
Yeah i wasnt aware of a cut through Beverton but i cant imagine this would save you much. I'm a fairly quick walker and ideally you would want to give yourself 15 mins. From Beresford Gate to Train station i'd normally do in just under 10 but at times it can be hard to get across the road with traffic, school buses, people walking in the middle of the footpath rather than picking a side so that they are hard to get around.

Got round to timing the walk from near side of Beresford Green play area. 7:48 to ticket machine at a good pace
RochelleD-Jones

hi All,

my husband and I are hoping to buy in Beresford. We have had our eye on Donabate for a while, we have a 2 year old and I love the rural/village vibe but still close enough to the city for work etc.

Just a few questions for those already there

-Is there a good community vibe ? Like do people make an effort with neighbours etc. This is important to be having a young child and being from Wales originally, making friends for our son is important ( not to sound desperate haha)
-Also, the train into the city during rush hour, how busy is it ? Like I don't expect to get a seat, but will I at least get some standing room ?
- Has anyone with children registered/child attending the Educate together school ? How do you find it ?/Did you have any problems getting your child into the school due to numbers ?
-Also... does anyone have any pictures of an attic conversion ?

Thanks in advance everyone xx
AngelaG

Has anybody got any update from Hora for snagging in Beresford Court....we were told we'd be snagging Jan,then early Feb and so on but doesn't look like it's happening anytime soon
Markr1492

We are in an end of terrace and we were told snagging Feb 28th onwards.
AngelaG

Thanks Mark...are you on the first side ie.
15-23?
Markr1492

Yeah we are Angela. Got the email yesterday about it.
AngelaG

Ah,we are across the road, 24-33 so hopefully won't be much further behind you guys. Thanks again.
newresidents18

Hi AngelaG, we have bought on your side too (24-33) the last we heard, we are about 4 weeks away from snagging but not sure how accurate or realistic that is
Gillchan

Rochelle,

We moved into Beresford 3 months ago. We have 2 kids. Our kids are in primary school, we tried Educate Together but there wasn't a hope they could get in as the waiting lists are so long. We find the local school great and the kids are making friends but mainly through school. I would describe Beresford as a community under construction. Everyone we have met thus far in Donabate have been lovely and very helpful. My husband is originally from very close to here so we have family in the area which helps. Our kids are a good bit older than your son and are enjoying all the local amenities, have joined sports clubs and as I said are making friends so it's all good.

Re. The train they are busy. My husband commutes into the city centre daily. Never gets a seat AFAIK but I've never heard him complain about it. He originally started out walking to the station but bikes up now and it only takes a few minutes.

Hope that helps.
RochelleD-Jones

Gillchan wrote: 19 Feb 2019, 09:34 Rochelle,

We moved into Beresford 3 months ago. We have 2 kids. Our kids are in primary school, we tried Educate Together but there wasn't a hope they could get in as the waiting lists are so long. We find the local school great and the kids are making friends but mainly through school. I would describe Beresford as a community under construction. Everyone we have met thus far in Donabate have been lovely and very helpful. My husband is originally from very close to here so we have family in the area which helps. Our kids are a good bit older than your son and are enjoying all the local amenities, have joined sports clubs and as I said are making friends so it's all good.

Re. The train they are busy. My husband commutes into the city centre daily. Never gets a seat AFAIK but I've never heard him complain about it. He originally started out walking to the station but bikes up now and it only takes a few minutes.

Hope that helps.
HI,

Thank you so much for your reply, that is very helpful. I think it is going to be a great move for our family, and hopefully as the construction grows so will the community feel.

Can I ask, which primary school did you opt for in the end ? I can't believe how hard it is to get children into Creches and schools in general. !
Gillchan

We only had 2 options, St. Patrick's or Educate Together. Educate Together is full with long waiting lists. AFAIK there is a new primary school sanctioned for Donabate. We knew that we would need after school care in Donabate when we decided to relocate here. We start looking for after school places in May and we were wait listed for September places in Roots and Wings but never got any, so yes it is difficult!
Dreamliner

Hi All,

Do HORA have a reccomeneded attic conversion company to use? or is just go to market?

Would love to hear from owners who have converted there attic.
What was the turn around time from Day 1 to completion?
Any lessons learnt from the conversion? Would you have changed anything looking back now?
Carv

Dreamliner wrote: 20 Feb 2019, 11:15 Hi All,

Do HORA have a reccomeneded attic conversion company to use? or is just go to market?

Any lessons learnt from the conversion? Would you have changed anything looking back now?
We used aboutspace (Pat) after recommendations from other people in the development. We’ve further recommended them after we got ours done and a few people have been in to see ours.

The attic was compeleted within 14 days,we didn’t opt for an extra bathroom installed that might increase time. I don’t think there is anything we would change as If there was any issues Pat would get right back to us and fix anything, for example there was exposed stud in our bed room ceiling due to the work upstairs and they replastered the exposed stud no hassle.

Any other questions give me a shout.
RochelleD-Jones

Carv wrote: 20 Feb 2019, 11:55
Dreamliner wrote: 20 Feb 2019, 11:15 Hi All,

We used aboutspace (Pat) after recommendations from other people in the development. We’ve further recommended them after we got ours done and a few people have been in to see ours.

The attic was compeleted within 14 days,we didn’t opt for an extra bathroom installed that might increase time. I don’t think there is anything we would change as If there was any issues Pat would get right back to us and fix anything, for example there was exposed stud in our bed room ceiling due to the work upstairs and they replastered the exposed stud no hassle.

Any other questions give me a shout.

Hi ,

I was wondering if there is any chance you could upload or inbox me some pictures of your attic conversion ? Do you use it as an extra bedroom or sitting room ? We are thinking of getting one done so would be great to see the finished article. Thanks in advance,
Northwest

Hi all

Am I right in saying another Crèche is due to be built in the new phase of the Beresford developments?

Thanks
Brickers

That is what I have been told.. that was a few months ago though
RochelleD-Jones

Northwest wrote: 27 Feb 2019, 14:44 Hi all

Am I right in saying another Crèche is due to be built in the new phase of the Beresford developments?

Thanks
I emailed Aidan to ask, he said it is opposite 21/22 Beresford Crescent and they will prob start to build it in the next 12months .
philipfarmer

Hello! Firstly thanks to everyone who has contributed so far - its been really helpful to follow the thread. We've bought no.25 Beresford Court. We're actually living in Brussels but moving back in July so as you can imagine have been totally out of the loop at times and found it difficult to pin down HORA on completion dates etc.

Anyway, i wanted to share a dropbox of pictures, video etc that we've been sent. We managed to get an on-site viewing yesterday so its showing our build as is. Hopefully this will answer some queries we've all seemed to have had since purchasing.. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3oy1pb40tfd1 ... g-RPa?dl=0.

In terms of completion dates - I've been told by Alan that the electricity is due to be switched on around the 12th March, so let's assume snagging etc can start the last 2 weeks in March... they will hopefully start to handover houses in the Court end of March, first 2 weeks in April
JCO

philipfarmer wrote: 27 Feb 2019, 23:48 Hello! Firstly thanks to everyone who has contributed so far - its been really helpful to follow the thread. We've bought no.25 Beresford Court. We're actually living in Brussels but moving back in July so as you can imagine have been totally out of the loop at times and found it difficult to pin down HORA on completion dates etc.

Anyway, i wanted to share a dropbox of pictures, video etc that we've been sent. We managed to get an on-site viewing yesterday so its showing our build as is. Hopefully this will answer some queries we've all seemed to have had since purchasing.. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3oy1pb40tfd1 ... g-RPa?dl=0.

In terms of completion dates - I've been told by Alan that the electricity is due to be switched on around the 12th March, so let's assume snagging etc can start the last 2 weeks in March... they will hopefully start to handover houses in the Court end of March, first 2 weeks in April

Hi,

Thanks for this update and the pictures.
We actually bought no.24 so I'm presuming this is very similar to ours as we are next door.

I actually spoke to Aidan today, he had said that the houses across the road are hoping to move in around march 8th and again we were told 3/4 weeks after that. Here is hoping that is true.

I'm going up to site Saturday so I might have a better idea then.
Markr1492

Hey, we bought number 21 and are due to snag the house tomorrow. I know people could snag from today, did anyone complete the snagging process today ?
RochelleD-Jones

philipfarmer wrote: 27 Feb 2019, 23:48 Hello! Firstly thanks to everyone who has contributed so far - its been really helpful to follow the thread. We've bought no.25 Beresford Court. We're actually living in Brussels but moving back in July so as you can imagine have been totally out of the loop at times and found it difficult to pin down HORA on completion dates etc.

Thanks so much for that, very helpful. Hope the move back goes well for you.

I was worried wondering , are those pics of the attic conversion the 3 or 4beds ?
Thanks
TheBlowIn

Unless things have changed markedly from the first phase, the attics are just left "ready for conversion" when Hora hand the house over. This means bare OSB (chipboard) floors in the attic, and a fold-down attic ladder if you opt for it. If you want to create a living space like those shown in the Dropbox videos (rather than just a storage one), you'll need to invest in a conversion separately.

Apologies if I've got this wrong and the spec has changed for the current phase, but I'd be very surprised if this happened given Hora don't deviate on design at all.
Darragh_12

Hi guys

We are scheduled to move into No. 41 Beresford Court which has been pushed back to mid-July from mid-May, is there anyone else in the same boat as us and if they have any additional info/comments?

Its been really helpful with all the posts to date and with the video's of the attic, interested to see if the videos are of a 3 or 4 bed house.

Thanks
cbc

Its a guess but to me the attic in those videos look like 3 bed.
EndOfTerrace

Hi all,

We bought in the first phase of the court (15 - 23). We were supposed to be snagging on the 5th but were told on Monday that the house was not ready and it needed to be pushed to the 7th instead.

Just wondering has anyone on this side completed snagging yet? If so, was there much work required?
We're getting anxious to get in at this stage.

Thanks!