New Houses at Beresford

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
RunningAround

Anyone know if the snagging on the houses in the court (right side) is still on track?
megsthreads

Hey Guys,

Myself and my partner have bought in the court. Have been told now that completion for these are now July. Just FYI if anyone else is in the same boat.

Trying to price up blinds. Can anyone who has the white Plantation Shutter Blinds let me know what companies you used and how much it cost for our windows and house size? We’re in a 3 bed.

Thanks in advance guys 😊
donabateres

Hi all, could anyone recommend an authorized engineer for a service of the Beresford heating system and how much it should cost?
Thank you
ppoppa

Michael Gilroy 086 278 8572 . Panasonic approved.
donabateres

Thanks for that. Any idea of cost?
EndOfTerrace

Hi all,
Looking forward to meeting everyone, we have also bought in the Court. Any update on release date for the houses on the right? We were also told we'd be in around now but the road, footpaths and driveways aren't completed yet.
Haribo

Hey,

We are in the 1st batch of houses in the Court... the latest info we have is snagging starting w/ 18th Feb....but I'm not overly confident that date will hold...
donabateres

Has anyone got eir broadband put in? Is there a lot of work required drilling walls or the like? How obvious is the new equipment they need to install?
wes87

Hi all,

We recently bought in the Court. Noticing a bit of chat about a gate walkway down by Beverton/Ballisk and got me thinking - is there a route to the train station/village that doesn't entail walking out onto Turvey Road?

Just trying to find out walk times etc

I have estimated (based on Google Maps and it's estimated times on walks I already do) that I would walk from the from gates of Beresford to the station in just shy of 10 mins at a good mornings pace. Is there an alternative route that would be quicker, or even safer at night?

Likewise for the village....

Any info on rat runs for pedestrians and current blockers in the estate at all would be appreciated
donabateres

You can use walkway into Beverton close to the front of the estate. That will shave minute off the walk. I do it in 10 minutes from the green at a brisk walk. You will still have to deal with crossing the road back and forth though
Last edited by donabateres on 04 Feb 2019, 17:11, edited 1 time in total.
evebros

Haribo wrote: 04 Feb 2019, 08:57 Hey,

We are in the 1st batch of houses in the Court... the latest info we have is snagging starting w/ 18th Feb....but I'm not overly confident that date will hold...
Hi, i heard from Hora last week that snagging would start in mid- to late February. Fingers crossed it won't be delayed too much longer!
Dreamliner

Hi All,

Will the house's in the court come "as is, where is"? As in no deviations allowed for extra sockets, TV connections etc?
Do all houses come with standard paint scheme or can you select from a variety of colors? How have people found KUBE to deal with when selecting there kitchens?
Has anyone recieved any information on the new Type B 4 Bed on the left of the court? When do HORA hope to have them built?

Apologizes for all the questions and I'm sure I have doubled up on previous questions asked.
Batman3

wes87 wrote: 04 Feb 2019, 09:31 Hi all,

We recently bought in the Court. Noticing a bit of chat about a gate walkway down by Beverton/Ballisk and got me thinking - is there a route to the train station/village that doesn't entail walking out onto Turvey Road?

I have estimated (based on Google Maps and it's estimated times on walks I already do) that I would walk from the from gates of Beresford to the station in just shy of 10 mins at a good mornings pace. Is there an alternative route that would be quicker, or even safer at night?

Any info on rat runs for pedestrians and current blockers in the estate at all would be appreciated
12-15 mins depending how fast you walk... even if you take the short cut through the connection opening and out at bottom of Beverton estate
Residents19

Hi,

Just wondering from what I'm reading here, am I right in saying that houses on beresford court can choose paint colour and kitchens in Kube, but those in the crescent can't?

Thank you 😊
EndOfTerrace

Hi,

We asked during construction and were told no deviations were allowed. Kube were fantastic to deal with we went out to their showrooms and they gave us hours of their time.

Heard from Aidan re the first houses built in the court...3 to 4 weeks from now until snagging.
cbc

Batman3 wrote: 04 Feb 2019, 15:30
wes87 wrote: 04 Feb 2019, 09:31 Hi all,

12-15 mins depending how fast you walk... even if you take the short cut through the connection opening and out at bottom of Beverton estate
Yeah i wasnt aware of a cut through Beverton but i cant imagine this would save you much. I'm a fairly quick walker and ideally you would want to give yourself 15 mins. From Beresford Gate to Train station i'd normally do in just under 10 but at times it can be hard to get across the road with traffic, school buses, people walking in the middle of the footpath rather than picking a side so that they are hard to get around.
RunningAround

EndOfTerrace wrote: 05 Feb 2019, 11:01 Hi,

We asked during construction and were told no deviations were allowed. Kube were fantastic to deal with we went out to their showrooms and they gave us hours of their time.

Heard from Aidan re the first houses built in the court...3 to 4 weeks from now until snagging.
Can I ask what move in month you were originally given? Trying to be realistic about the timeframe for the rest of the Court (near the golf club).

Thanks!
EndOfTerrace

It was a very loose date originally - end of Oct/Nov then they said they have us in for Christmas but that ran over. They've been saying 3 weeks for a while.
Residents19

RunningAround wrote: 05 Feb 2019, 12:25

Can I ask what move in month you were originally given? Trying to be realistic about the timeframe for the rest of the Court (near the golf club).

Thanks!

Hi,
We are also the court but near the golf club.
Just wondering what date approx you were given for completion? And are you able to choose own paint, kitchen etc.

Thanks
RunningAround

EndOfTerrace wrote: 05 Feb 2019, 13:49 It was a very loose date originally - end of Oct/Nov then they said they have us in for Christmas but that ran over. They've been saying 3 weeks for a while.
Thanks I’ll add on about 3 months then :)
wes87

Residents19 wrote: 05 Feb 2019, 16:01

Thanks!

Hi,
Just wondering what date approx you were given for completion? And are you able to choose own paint, kitchen etc.

Thanks

We're up in the court near the golf course and as far as I know, from speaking directly to Aidan Hora recently;

1) We won't have a choice in paint or the colour of kitchen - all houses will be painted the same grey colour (it's quite nice tbh, but if you fancied a lighter shade in the future it would take a couple of coats to cover it) and all kitchens will be the off white/creamy colour.

2) We were also informed that houses up at the golf club, scheduled for completion in April but now won't be completed until July. I asked why - response was as follows

"Basically we had to use deeper foundations and a pre-cast concrete floor slab for extra strength. There was a delay caused by re-design and then manufacture of the pre-cast elements. All is now done so the focus is to try and make up time as soon as possible. "

Hope this helps, looking forward to meeting you all in the coming months.
Residents19

wes87 wrote: 06 Feb 2019, 09:20
Residents19 wrote: 05 Feb 2019, 16:01

Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks

We're up in the court near the golf course and as far as I know, from speaking directly to Aidan Hora recently;

1) We won't have a choice in paint or the colour of kitchen - all houses will be painted the same grey colour (it's quite nice tbh, but if you fancied a lighter shade in the future it would take a couple of coats to cover it) and all kitchens will be the off white/creamy colour.

2) We were also informed that houses up at the golf club, scheduled for completion in April but now won't be completed until July. I asked why - response was as follows

"Basically we had to use deeper foundations and a pre-cast concrete floor slab for extra strength. There was a delay caused by re-design and then manufacture of the pre-cast elements. All is now done so the focus is to try and make up time as soon as possible. "

Hope this helps, looking forward to meeting you all in the coming months.

Great, thanks for that.
Looking forward to meeting you all 😊
evebros

Hi all, I emailed Valerie (Hora Builders) a couple of weeks ago to ask about wall and tile colours and this was her response:

‘in regards to paint throughout the house, this is a standard colour which is called Smoked Umber and is made by Fleetwood.

The tiles in all bathrooms are a standard tile and are a beige colour.’

We also found Kube great to deal with!
loriscn12

Hey all, me and my girlfriend have bought in Beresford Crescent, the delivery date is fixed for August, hopefully that won't be delayed :(.

One question I'd like to ask those who already moved in: is the area/development quite at night and in general, how do you feel about the possibility of social housing being established as one single apartments block?
We have visited the development to see the houses last weekend and immediately fell in love with Beresford, we liked the surroundings etc... however, I'd like to hear impressions from people who already live there :)

Looking forward to meeting all of you at some point.

Cheers, L.
donnelbg

Hi! We’ve lived here for 3 years now and love it. I find it very quiet at night, I’m usually out walking the dog and usually all you meet are more dog walkers. Beverton is very quiet too.

Sure you have the old Turvey golf course on one side, bird sanctuary and other golf course on another on newbridge on the 3rd.

Beresford Crescent looks very nice, lovely big green out the front.

Didn’t hear that the apartments will be social.