New Houses at Beresford

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
Haribo

Blowins wrote: 03 Jan 2019, 19:57 Hi All,

Thanks for all the posts to date, informative forum!

Obviously the majority of you have received contracts on your houses, congrats. Just looking through ours and the information appears to be exceptionally bare for what we were expecting.

Could I ask what level of information was included in your own? Particularly regarding drawings /specification?

Thanks in advance!

Hey,

Yes, I felt the detail is ours was quite sparse / generic also. This was my first purchase so have nothing really to compare is to personally... brought this up with my solicitor who told me this was pretty much "par for the course"....
megsthreads

Hi Everyone,

Myself and my partner are looking at buying in Beresford Court. Can someone tell me if this estate requires annual maintenance fees?

Thanks in advance guys!
cbc

No maintenance fees thankfully :)
megsthreads

Wow, thanks brilliant. Thanks for letting me know ☺️
Jay

Hi folks, just a quick update for those who have bought on Beresford Court.

I was speaking to Aidan yesterday and he said that snagging will likely start in 4-5 weeks.

PS FWIW my solicitor also said the detail-light contract was standard fare.

Jay
Haribo

Jay wrote: 08 Jan 2019, 13:47 Hi folks, just a quick update for those who have bought on Beresford Court.

I was speaking to Aidan yesterday and he said that snagging will likely start in 4-5 weeks.

PS FWIW my solicitor also said the detail-light contract was standard fare.

Jay
Thanks Jay - very useful info to have!
Brickers

Hi Jay,

Just to add, I am also moving into Beresford Court but to the houses on the left side of the court as you enter. Aidan confirmed to me last week that it would be end of April for completion so I assume snagged around the same time. Not an issue for us but just flagging as there are a number of houses on the Court at various stages of completion and as such will have varying timelines.

Looking forward to meeting everyone eventually! 🙂

Regards,
Eoin
newresidents18

Hey,

Does anybody know what the choices for paint colour are? Has anybody moving to the Court heard anything in relation to paint colour or tiles yet?
Markr1492

From speaking to people in the Crescent there is no choice of paint or tiles in this phase.
newresidents18

Markr1492 wrote: 14 Jan 2019, 22:11 From speaking to people in the Crescent there is no choice of paint or tiles in this phase.
Ok, thanks!
Dreamliner

Hi Folks,

Does anyone have an update on the proposed Apartment Block within the Beresford Development?
Will it be private or social ? Will it actually be built?
Mr. Stupid

The apartment block is in planning permission but like everything in planning permission it is unclear as to how much will be social. In Ireland, the developer can keep his arrangements for social housing private and with the council.

What a lot of the developers are doing is selling all their private houses first and then once sold they leg it and then you'll find out the social arrangements because if they told you for example, that someone living in a 4 bed opposite you was social are you still as likely to but your 3 bed and pay 2K a month for your 3 bed for 25 years?
Blowins

Aidan had mentioned all part V was in the apartments. But as mentioned above it doesn't have to be declared in the planning so nothing concrete.
Residents19

Thanks for all the info on this page, it's so helpful!!

I'm hoping to buy here but saw there is a chance the apartments will all be social housing in the last post. Is this correct? I thought social housing was to be spread out across the estate?
Thanks
Dreamliner

Mr. Stupid wrote: 19 Jan 2019, 09:18 The apartment block is in planning permission but like everything in planning permission it is unclear as to how much will be social. In Ireland, the developer can keep his arrangements for social housing private and with the council.

What a lot of the developers are doing is selling all their private houses first and then once sold they leg it and then you'll find out the social arrangements because if they told you for example, that someone living in a 4 bed opposite you was social are you still as likely to but your 3 bed and pay 2K a month for your 3 bed for 25 years?

Yes I agree with you, My partner and I are looking to purchase in Beresford but are having second thoughts due to the social housing aspects. From what I understand, all social housing will be in the apartments which means that all private houses at Beresford Crescent will have to look at that eye sore. Never mind the anti social behavior that an apartment complex brings to an area.
harasb

Yeah, the apartment blocks in Donabate are like warzones. The coppers from Swords won't head into the areas with social housing without helicopter support. Think the first couple of series of The Wire. I've heard people on social housing (thankfully haven't actually met any myself) are equipped with listening devices that alert them to when 4 bed detached houses are unoccupied during the day. Because these freeloaders have nothing better to do, they're ready and waiting to pounce 24/7. I'm a homeowner in Beresford but as soon as they break ground on this Phase 5 ghetto, I'll be moving back to my old house in 1920s Alabama. We knew who was who then.
Blowins

harasb wrote: 21 Jan 2019, 12:30 as they break ground on this Phase 5 ghetto, I'll be moving back to my old house in 1920s Alabama. We knew who was who then.
This. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's perked up an otherwise boring Monday
Dreamliner

harasb wrote: 21 Jan 2019, 12:30 Yeah, the apartment blocks in Donabate are like warzones. The coppers from Swords won't head into the areas with social housing without helicopter support. Think the first couple of series of The Wire. I've heard people on social housing (thankfully haven't actually met any myself) are equipped with listening devices that alert them to when 4 bed detached houses are unoccupied during the day. Because these freeloaders have nothing better to do, they're ready and waiting to pounce 24/7. I'm a homeowner in Beresford but as soon as they break ground on this Phase 5 ghetto, I'll be moving back to my old house in 1920s Alabama. We knew who was who then.
Point taken onboard. :D
Last edited by Dreamliner on 21 Jan 2019, 16:34, edited 1 time in total.
evebros

As someone who has recently purchased a house in Beresford (but not moved in yet), I'm genuinely happy to hear that there will be some social housing in the area. Diversity in socio-economic backgrounds is a good thing in my opinion!
Looking forward to moving to the area and getting to know the neighbourhood!
Sunshine1

Aidan informed the original residents of Beresford that there would be no social housing blocks, just houses peppered around Beresford. This was on the back of them putting enormous pressure on the original residents who were originally informed that Beresford would be a small contained estate stopping at woods. Of course this didnt happen and there will now be one pokey road taking an additional 300 houses alongside the original 160. along with this the residents were also promised that the apartment blocks would not go ahead if residents didn't object... If any new residents have queries/ objections you can email the residents association beresford.donabate@gmail.com. Not sure if they have the fight in them though, a lot of residents were bitterly disappointed with outcomes and their suggestions after many meetings went ahead.
Carv

Sunshine1 wrote: 25 Jan 2019, 23:50 Aidan informed the original residents of Beresford that there would be no social housing blocks, just houses peppered around Beresford. This was on the back of them putting enormous pressure on the original residents who were originally informed that Beresford would be a small contained estate stopping at woods. Of course this didnt happen and there will now be one pokey road taking an additional 300 houses alongside the original 160. along with this the residents were also promised that the apartment blocks would not go ahead if residents didn't object... If any new residents have queries/ objections you can email the residents association beresford.donabate@gmail.com. Not sure if they have the fight in them though, a lot of residents were bitterly disappointed with outcomes and their suggestions after many meetings went ahead.
Do we know what percentage of the apartments are for social? I thought the guidelines was 10% across the whole development? Also who is on the residents board? Wouldn’t mind getting involved myself if an extra voice is needed.
Mr. Stupid

No. It can be 0% or 100%.
wes87

Beresford looks really beautiful, it's a shame about some of the attitudes towards social housing.
Northwest

Beautiful?
Batman3

Not sure if it's an operation transformation thing, but have had two weeks in a row now that a squad of ladies (only I think...no males) are running around the new oval green at back of Beresford estate.

The running is fine but it's what seems to be their trainer,coach who is roaring encouragement and can be heard next block over that's the cause of annoyance...roaring at 7.30/8pm at night in a residential area!
If she wants to lead and encourage, maybe she would be better joining in with her group and leading them in her actions!!
....would be far more suitable for a quiet residential instead of disrupting people in their last hours of sleep before getting up for a night shift!!