New Houses at Beresford

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
Carv

Dan wrote:Does anyone have any photos of an attic conversion that has been completed in Beresford?
We're considering getting this done, but would like to see what others have done. I read that people have previously referenced About Space, any photo's of their work on the estate? Much appreciated! Dan
I don't have any pictures of ours but if you ask Pat he would most certainly arrange for you to view some that have already been completed in the estate. We have had 3 couples come see ours.

I must say they do a great job and it is definitely worth it for us to have had it done.

Any questions shoot me a PM.
Dan

Carv wrote:
Dan wrote:Does anyone have any photos of an attic conversion that has been completed in Beresford?
We're considering getting this done, but would like to see what others have done. I read that people have previously referenced About Space, any photo's of their work on the estate? Much appreciated! Dan
I don't have any pictures of ours but if you ask Pat he would most certainly arrange for you to view some that have already been completed in the estate. We have had 3 couples come see ours.

I must say they do a great job and it is definitely worth it for us to have had it done.

Any questions shoot me a PM.
Carv, thank you.
I'll certainly reach out to Pat for this. Dan
Brickers

Hi folks,

Just a quick intro/hello! I and my wife are due to move into Beresford Court in Q1 next year. We are very much excited about the move as first time buyers and are looking forward to meeting everyone.
Also many thanks to all the contributors to this thread over the years, it is a great source of knowledge for ourselves.

Regards,
Eoin
AngelaG

Just wondering if anyone has been.calked to choose kitchens etc for the court yet or any update on closing dates?
newresidents18

AngelaG wrote:Just wondering if anyone has been.calked to choose kitchens etc for the court yet or any update on closing dates?
We haven't heard anything yet.... I read on this that Aidan said September but nothing yet unfortunately!
Jay

Hello everyone,

My girlfriend and I have also purchased on the Court. This forum has been a great source of information to have so thanks to everyone that's contributed. We're looking forward to meeting you all!

We just received an update from Aidan on a couple of things that we though were worth sharing here:

On the completion date for the houses on the Court, Aidan said:
"The foreman is telling me December but I don’t believe him. Run with January to be safe."

On selecting the kitchens, he said:
"Kube will be in contact in the next few days. We are just finalising the exact spec and layout."

Hopefully that answers some questions some of you may have had. If I hear anything else I'll update.

Cheers,
Jay
AngelaG

Thanks Jay,it's good to have an update,we've had very little communication from Hora overall
newresidents18

Great, thanks!
Aoife

Yes thanks Jay that's good to know.

Aidan had said to me it would be September for kitchens so was hoping we would hear something soon from Kube. He was also guiding January for completion or at least snagging.

I have also bought in Beresford Court, end of terrace.

Aoife
Gillchan

Just to share our experience to date we were told mid September, that moved to end September and we just got notification that we are snagging October 9th. It's been difficult getting info from Horas and frustrating as we are in temporary accommodation which we are extending on a week by week basis. Just be aware that some things like esb connections and county council sign offs are out of their control. So while we have a snag date we have zero idea as to when we might get keys. Don't wish to soubd negative but just be prepared for delays.
cbc

If its any help, my house was ready to close the week after snag. There was very little on my snaglist though. Impression i got is houses are pretty much ready to go when you are called to snag. If you are called to snag, builder wants to close and get his money. Builders do seem to be going flat out at moment, this week & last week some work done on walls, paths etc on the latest phase. The couple of houses that i can see from mine have had their kitchens in for a few weeks now. Grass/weeds in gardens need a mow ;-)
Dan

The last update I received from Aidan indicated the following for Beresford Crescent:
a) Week of Oct 1st - Snagging starts on 1-10
b) Weeks of Oct 22nd or 29th - Snagging starts in 11 - 14.
acdublin

Hi folks, we're hoping to get our heat pump in Beresford house serviced by Gilroy Heating Services in the next month. We got the guy's name from friends who had it done there previously. He's quoting €250 for a service to us but he says he'll come down in price if there were others who wanted it done around the same time. Please let me know if you might be interested. Thanks, ac
Austy

acdublin wrote:Hi folks, we're hoping to get our heat pump in Beresford house serviced by Gilroy Heating Services in the next month......He's quoting €250 for a service to us but he says he'll come down in price if there were others who wanted it done around the same time. Please let me know if you might be interested. Thanks, ac
This seems very expensive, Artic Air (www.articair.com/) serviced mine twice now in Beverton, around €110 for a full service.
Another is www.heatamechheatpumps.ie - I had him fix a plumbing issue and look at the heatpump - again much lower than €250.
acdublin

Wowsers, thanks for that - we'll do some additional research!
newresidents18

Hey has anybody heard anything about choosing kitchens yet for Beresford Court? Or any updates in general? We have not heard a thing from anybody!
Haribo

Hi Guys,

New to the forum.. The wife and I (+ toddler!) have bought in the Court and can't wait to move in. Big thanks to everyone who has posted so far... very informative reading back through the pages of this thread. (good to see we have plenty of active community members).

We were contacted by Kube kitchens a few days ago to make an appointment. They sent along a selection guide - choice around colours / upgrades seems to be a little limited vs earlier phases but I think part of the reason is that some of the previous "upgrades" (eg double ovens ) are now standard. Counter-top space seems a little limited but I think that is a trade-off to open up more of the back-end of the kitchen (and the appliance upgrades).

As far as completion dates go, I've also been told January by Hora.
Jay

Hi Haribo,

Thanks for the info. I also got the kitchen literature.

Can anybody who bought in Phase 1 share the kitchen choices they were sent? I'd love to compare the two.

Thanks,
Jay
Last edited by Jay on 31 Oct 2018, 17:30, edited 1 time in total.
NewToVillage

Hi All, great to hear people are starting to get the kitchen
Appointments. We have been told april by the time we will be in so no appointment yet for kube.

Just wondering for people who bought three beds Type C and get alcoves in the sitting room, who did them for you?

Thanks
Amy
newresidents18

Hi Amy, when did you hear about April for completion ? We were told January but we have not got our appointment from Kube either?
NewToVillage

We heard around 6 weeks ago april but we have bought in the court row towards where the golf club greens are so likely urs is closer to the current beresford than ours. Hopefully we will get kube appointment shortly after xmas.
Aoife

Hi there, Kube contacted me yesterday re kitchen options and to make appointment to see samples etc if I wished.

Aoife
SarahJoe

Hi everyone - do you know how many more phases are planned for Beresford? We're hoping to buy in Donabate next year and think the current development there looks lovely.
Austy

SarahJoe wrote:Hi everyone - do you know how many more phases are planned for Beresford? We're hoping to buy in Donabate next year and think the current development there looks lovely.
No idea as to how many more phases there are or how many are unsold. It might be best to contact Hora or the other developers for info. Hora have their own website, the others can be contacted via Daft.
Blowins

Hi All,

Thanks for all the posts to date, informative forum!

Obviously the majority of you have received contracts on your houses, congrats. Just looking through ours and the information appears to be exceptionally bare for what we were expecting.

Could I ask what level of information was included in your own? Particularly regarding drawings /specification?

Thanks in advance!