Bridge Widening

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
RPB81

Hi, not sure of the latest news but though the widening of the bridge was meant to be done during August? After being delayed from earlier in the Summer? Does anyone know?
Ken
Site Admin

Haven't heard a recent update. Last I heard it was the ESB who were causing the delay as a lamp post needs to be moved before works can start.
Regards,

Ken.
Tayto

Hi Ken,

Our local Councillors also have a problem with keeping us updated on this!

We (the general population on the peninsula) simply do not know what’s happening or what to expect on our peninsula. I don't accept this, and I suspect that the majority living here don't either. Our infrastructure is creaking at the seams!

I recall an article in the paper on the formation of the Donabate Liaison Committee back in May, 2017. It was spoken highly of by our local Councillor, Adrian Henchy.

The Donabate Liaison Committee was established by Fingal County Council. I have heard that Fingal County Council will not deal with any other groups on the peninsula. I understand that Fingal County Council want to have an umbrella committee that covers all groups on the peninsula, but who are the Donabate Liaison Committee exactly?

I have a number of questions for the Donabate Liaison Committee. Considering the Donabate Liaison Committee is the only avenue used by Fingal County Council to tick the public consultation box for all major planning and infrastructure projects on the peninsula:

1) Who are the elected members of this committee?
2) For each committee member what group do you represent?
3) Where are your contact details (for each elected member)?
4) Why have we not heard from you since your formation?
5) What is your constitution?
6) How can we (the people) elect new committee members?

I personally think it disgraceful that we have heard nothing from this committee. I think it is a complete failure!

Tayto
Ken
Site Admin

There are details here. Can't say I've ever seen any output from them.

http://donabateportranecommunity.com/co ... committee/
Regards,

Ken.
Lori lou

Thanks Ken for the info. I have never seen any posts by this group anywhere.
Maybe they could update us or at least direct us to where we can find same
Tayto

Hi Ken,

Thank you for this information. However Ken, if this is all we know about the Donabate Liaison Committee, we're all in trouble!

No website, no emails, no telephone numbers.......

If the chair of this committee is from Donabate or Portrane, then I think it is reasonable to expect the appointed chairperson to peruse this well run local area forum from time to time.

So addressing the current chairperson of the Donabate Liaison Committee, whoever you are, can you please introduce yourself to the residents of Donabate and Portrane!

Tayto.
padraig

Thanks for the handy info Ken, just had a look at it. But also feel that they should at least have some point of contact especially if "The Donabate/Portrane Community Liaison Committee is a forum to exchange information". How do you exchange information if nobody can contact you, this is not exchange it sound more like a one way street of communication.