New Houses at Beresford

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
cbc

Curious, what exactly do you get for 15k? Its a pity aboutSpace dont keep an updated page of jobs so you can see realistically what it will look like.
Carv

cbc wrote:Curious, what exactly do you get for 15k? Its a pity aboutSpace dont keep an updated page of jobs so you can see realistically what it will look like.
If you ask aboutSpace they should be able to show you around one of the other houses that have had their attic converted, that's what they did for us. It convinced us to get it done. Adds a massive room to the house and still plenty of storage in behind the walls that are accessible with a sealed panel.
newdonabate

Hi there, hope you dont mind us joining in? we are about to sign contracts on a 3 bed end of terrace in Beresford court and wanted to ask if anyone else has purchased an end of terrace?
We got site layout and house/street layout drawings from Builders and area bit confused :? in relation to how the passage/ walkway between the two end terrace houses (allowing access for pedestrians in mid terrace houses to bring their bins out from their back gardens) will look? there is mention of a shared passage/walkway , with key access gate that 6 houses will have access to? but not clear if the end of terrace houses still have their own side access or are sharing this shared walkway?

Looking forward to joining the Donabate community in the future. Thanks :)
Mr. Stupid

Any idea on how much the terrace houses are going for?
newresidents18

newdonabate wrote:Hi there, hope you dont mind us joining in? we are about to sign contracts on a 3 bed end of terrace in Beresford court and wanted to ask if anyone else has purchased an end of terrace?
We got site layout and house/street layout drawings from Builders and area bit confused :? in relation to how the passage/ walkway between the two end terrace houses (allowing access for pedestrians in mid terrace houses to bring their bins out from their back gardens) will look? there is mention of a shared passage/walkway , with key access gate that 6 houses will have access to? but not clear if the end of terrace houses still have their own side access or are sharing this shared walkway?

Looking forward to joining the Donabate community in the future. Thanks :)
Hey, as far as I know the passage/ walkway doesn’t effect the side access of an end of terrace, yours will be private I believe. We got an end of terrace as well.
newdonabate

Unfortunately we have learnt that apparently there's not enough room between each block for a private passage for each end of terrace and a third middle passage for the mid terrace.It appears the shared passageway will take up all the space between both terraced houses.
The end of terrace houses will apparently own the passageway adjacent to their houses ,each to the centre of the passage from their own houses.
Does anyone know if ,for example , a person has an accident can they claim legally against the owners of the end of terrace houses for damages and if so will this increase home insurance for these end of terrace houses.
TheBlowIn

Beresford Court looks like the beginning of the 2nd Beresford phase. See Fingal planning application F16A/0535 for details of this. I'd advise any potential buyer to look through this carefully rather than just relying on sales brochures.

I'm a very content Beresford resident, but it's important to have the bigger picture on the overall development.
Northwest

Agree.

Is there any developments on all the matters that were discussed with the builder at the meeting early in the year?
Aoife

newdonabate wrote:Unfortunately we have learnt that apparently there's not enough room between each block for a private passage for each end of terrace and a third middle passage for the mid terrace.It appears the shared passageway will take up all the space between both terraced houses.
The end of terrace houses will apparently own the passageway adjacent to their houses ,each to the centre of the passage from their own houses.
Does anyone know if ,for example , a person has an accident can they claim legally against the owners of the end of terrace houses for damages and if so will this increase home insurance for these end of terrace houses.
Hello, I just have joined the forum as have bought an end of terrace in Beresford Court too - signed contracts yesterday. I have family living in Beverton Heights and have been in touch with Aidan Hora on and off for 2 years so great to be at this stage of seeing terrace houses finally being built.

For those who have also bought in Beresford Court, Aidan told me yesterday it would be Sept when we pick kitchens etc.
Northwest

Hi all. Does anyone know if that is Japanese knotweed that has been growing all over the new green area that was sewn in the last few weeks?
Carv

Northwest wrote:Hi all. Does anyone know if that is Japanese knotweed that has been growing all over the new green area that was sewn in the last few weeks?
Not sure. Will take a closer look this evening. Does it look like this? https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-sty ... -1.3126705

I thought it was just regular weeds like common sorrel etc. It looks much worse because weeds can thrive in the drought compared to grass. I reckon they might have to resow grass seed in some of the areas.
movetodonabate

Carv wrote:
Northwest wrote:Hi all. Does anyone know if that is Japanese knotweed that has been growing all over the new green area that was sewn in the last few weeks?
Not sure. Will take a closer look this evening. Does it look like this? https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-sty ... -1.3126705

I thought it was just regular weeds like common sorrel etc. It looks much worse because weeds can thrive in the drought compared to grass. I reckon they might have to resow grass seed in some of the areas.
Would be very grateful for any update on this - due to buy this phase and would be concerned if knotweed was growing in the area. Can I ask which green area you're referring to? I haven't been out there in a while. Thanks in advance.
AN Other

The main green as you drive into the estate (in front of Beresford Park) is covered in some kind of weed, whether or not it's Japenese knotweed I'm unsure - but from looking at the Irish Times link above it could very well be.

This is something that should be addressed sooner rather than later as from reading the article it could potentially cause structural damage to property, roads etc.

Is this something Hora's need to be made aware of, or perhaps the residential committee that has been set up?
Carv

AN Other wrote:The main green as you drive into the estate (in front of Beresford Park) is covered in some kind of weed, whether or not it's Japenese knotweed I'm unsure - but from looking at the Irish Times link above it could very well be.

This is something that should be addressed sooner rather than later as from reading the article it could potentially cause structural damage to property, roads etc.

Is this something Hora's need to be made aware of, or perhaps the residential committee that has been set up?
I know the builders are on Holidays but it would be worth contacting Hora to ensure they get the council out to properly identify what the weed is. To me it looks like common weeds and not knotweed but I am not a botanist so cannot say for sure :)

I've only recently moved in, I think a committee has already been set up? maybe someone else who has been in Beresford longer can fill us in.
TheBlowIn

It's just ordinary weeds on the main green, nothing to worry about. The landscapers cut the grass stupidly short and hence it's stunted by the warm weather. The green has always had plenty of deep-rooted weeds (docks etc.), they're just more noticeable now because the grass is yellow.
Markr1492

newdonabate wrote:Unfortunately we have learnt that apparently there's not enough room between each block for a private passage for each end of terrace and a third middle passage for the mid terrace.It appears the shared passageway will take up all the space between both terraced houses.
WE have gone with an end of terrace and I sent off the query about liability for the space at the back to my solicitor and she confirmed we would be liable. It was something I was going to point out when insuring the property as I had a client in work who couldn’t get cover for a small patch of land outside his apartment which he owned according to the deeds of transfer.

It’s a pity they don’t have the space for 3 side passages. I pointed out the side access for the mid terraces to Aidan Hora back in April and he was unsure as to what they would look like then.
Northwest

Hi all

Just wondering if there are any further meetings planned with the developer or has all been resolved ?
Thanks
AngelaG

Unsure about how side entrance will actually work as not clear onplans
Last edited by AngelaG on 31 Aug 2018, 18:24, edited 1 time in total.
Jozi

We're interested in the 4 beds here, my girlfriend had some reservations though about the amount of cars which will pass by the house (its at the start of the new phase), the creche and the affordable housing. What are peoples thoughts on this? Is traffic really going to be bad enough to be a deal breaker?

Does anyone know is there only the one entry/exit road from the whole development or are there plans to link it else where?
NewToVillage

Found some really good information on the planning link under F16A/0535 for the layout of the estate entrances, 4 beds with no through roads so less traffic and which ones have the shared side entrances. The best one I found clear map for this phase is under documents and 4th from the bottom. Hope it helps
http://www.fingal.ie/planning-and-build ... onsonline/
Northwest

Hi there I can't seem to find the map in that link? Thanks
NewToVillage

Hey, the maps come under docs and additional doc the house spec is there as well if u would like to see. Iv attached the best map I found below.
Attachments
00554523.pdf
(2.71 MiB) Downloaded 337 times
TheBlowIn

Jozi wrote:
Does anyone know is there only the one entry/exit road from the whole development or are there plans to link it else where?
Only one access road. There's also a route through Beverton for emergency vehicles only, normally closed.
Defcom

Just a reminder to residents in the Beresford green and gardens area. Part of the green/field has just been rotavated and fresh grass seed has just been sown, please can the parents keep there kids off of the bare soil section so the seed has a chance to germinate. And please be aware there has been 3 workmen on this for 2 days to get it to a satisfactory level, only for some of there work to be undone. I suspect not everybody is aware grass seed has been sown. Please spread the word. Cheers
Dan

Does anyone have any photos of an attic conversion that has been completed in Beresford?
We're considering getting this done, but would like to see what others have done. I read that people have previously referenced About Space, any photo's of their work on the estate? Much appreciated! Dan