Trees on Beaverstown Road

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
Bawner

For some reason some lowlife thinks it's great craic to break the newly planted trees at the hockey pitch. Anyone any idea who it is? Once might be a drunken mistake but it's 3 separate times (4 trees) in the last couple of weeks so deliberate vandalism. If anyone could get a photo or witnessed who's doing it I'm happy to report it.
diggerbarnes

I've noticed a certain someone around more lately who has history with this. Guess his vacation is over.
mirror

That's terrible shame on them , especially when only last week some elderly people of the community were out washing graffiti off bins and picking up the litter left by others.
beachboy

I see this morning another tree that was doing well has been destroyed.... That's five trees broken in less than a week!! Love to break the legs of the F****er who has vandalized those trees a long the Beaverstown road!!

Wonder has the video cameras on the football pitch recorded who has done the damage??
Ken
Site Admin

I see the council removed the ones that were broken earlier and just filled in the holes and put down grass seed. Obviously not planning on replacing them and you can't blame them.
Regards,

Ken.
Defcom

I rang FCC to report the tree's being vandalized. I asked could the remaining be protected with the wire cage I used to see on all young tree's when I was a kid. I was surprised to be informed that I was the only one to have reported damage. So could you all please ring the FCC and ask for the remaining young tree's to be protected before we lose them, my voice gos nowhere on its own please pick up the phone
bear

I noticed another few trees snapped this morning sadly only a
few left now. Please nobody give me the crap about outsiders arriving in this is local scumbags at work.The summer holidays have not even started and they are putting their talents to good use.
beachboy

Simple wire cage will not protect the trees. It's been done very late at night and it's definitely not kids!!

The trees are been broken by an adult who appears to have a gruge against society!! Unfortunately the CCTV on the AstroTurf football pitches do not work!! So not a chance there!! Also think it's amazing how the AstroTurf pitch costs hundreds of thousands of euros and even that has no real security?? Unbelievable!!
diggerbarnes

aoifey

beachboy wrote:Simple wire cage will not protect the trees. It's been done very late at night and it's definitely not kids!!

The trees are been broken by an adult who appears to have a gruge against society!! Unfortunately the CCTV on the AstroTurf football pitches do not work!! So not a chance there!! Also think it's amazing how the AstroTurf pitch costs hundreds of thousands of euros and even that has no real security?? Unbelievable!!
Hi beachboy.
Curious to know why you think or how you know it's an adult?
Defcom

The school have the vandalism being committed at 11PM on 16/05/2018 on CCTV, An Garda Síochána and FCC will be notified. did any any one see anything suspicious at this time.
Bawner

Defcom, any update on this?

I walked by this evening and I see some sort of grease or oil applied to trunks of remaining trees.

Nice touch if the culprit were to do community service on upkeep of green areas in Donabate..
Cathal

Bawner wrote:Defcom, any update on this?

I walked by this evening and I see some sort of grease or oil applied to trunks of remaining trees.

Nice touch if the culprit were to do community service on upkeep of green areas in Donabate..
I saw that oil stuff too but also whoever sprayed that on also sprayed Paul onto the pavement with it too so don’t think it was the council
Defcom

Sad to see yet another 2 trees snapped in half today on the beaverstown road. Well done to FCC for trying to protect them (NOT)
Bawner

Whoever it was, I hope they die roarin' . Note also some of our finest set fire to stuff in the yard at top of Beaverstown road last Fri. I'd say no older than 15. About 6 of them. Same crew I see a lot together but don't know who they are. Fire brigade had to deal with it. They used petrol/diesel that was prob in yard and threw containers into cois inbhir. I saw them shortly beforehand. If i had known I'd have taken video or photo of them for the guards.
Sleepy

We had the Fire Brigade out to the Hospital lands beside Seaview over the weekend to deal with a similar incident on Sunday night too.