Speeding through the village

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
sallyanne

To the idiot who blasted me out of it today because I wasn’t going quick enough through the stop/go system, I hope you got to ur destination safely!
Donabate Hatter

I deal with twats like that by just going slower!!!
sallyanne

I did and he overtook me at speed! He obviously had to take his anger out on someone!
pat mustard

my 2 favs:

Aholes doing a Dukes of Hazard over the blind railway bridge and then having a brainfart at the consternation of a car having the temerity of trying to come out of station.

Accelerating going by Chungs and honestly cant accept the full horror of a car coming out of SV from a stationary start.

These peops either work or live in Donabate and are fully aware of these turns.
Ken
Site Admin

Agree Pat, you're half way out of those turns before you can see oncoming traffic. It's amazing the amount of people who get irate over it.
Regards,

Ken.
Austy

One improvement would be to remove those ridiculous flower beds outside Chungs, they block the view of oncoming Speed Racers.
CB1964

Infrastructure needs to be addressed.
Vlad the Impaler

Yeah, I was behind that guy in the SuperValu.

The lady in front was talking to the cashier. He kept looking at his watch.

Then she couldn’t find her purse. Just as she was about to pay she remembered that she needed 20 John Player Blue and sent girl off to get them.

Seemed to be in a bad mood when he left.
Derek

At long last the Portrane road has been resurfaced near the new development and it is a very welcome relief to the bomb craters we've had to deal with. Unfortunately it hasn't spared me a €200 bill to repair suspension damage which was caused to my car there...

Also, I see that the new traffic lights on the bridge are now turned off. Is this due to a fault or is it intentional? There has been a noticeable improvement in the traffic the last few mornings since.