Break Ins

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
donnelbg

Hi all,

There have been a few roberies in and arouynd the Beresford estate on the night of 31st August at 2300. A lad in a hoodie was checking car doors going from house to house and manages to rob the contents of a few unlocked cars.

Remember to lock up, these lads don't care if they're spotted or recorded on camera (I have a very low quality recording of him robbing the car next door, as brazen as they come, then checking my car doors).
Ste123

The lighting seems very poor in Beresford. Suits this kind of visitor.
jayflame

And if people had their house alarms working properly, we wouldn't ignore them when they went off and maybe investigate.
pat mustard

theres a moron in Somerton who's alarm goes off nearly weekend morning around 8 to 9 for 10 seconds or so . If I had the fekn energy , i'd drag my carcass out of the bed and give him a dead arm.
aido123

Thanks donnelbg,

Just spotted this post & looked at my cameras & sure enough there he is in all his glory at around 22:50. He checks both cars & presumably the neighbors also, he jumps up on the wall between the houses & has a look around around the back. He hides behind our side door fence when someone drives around in a car. Looks like he is wearing white runners, grey hoodie. Doesn't look like he had gloves. Reported to the guards.

If this happens again, please let people know asap so we can check cameras & get the guards out for fingerprints.

Thanks again
Ste123

Did you get the cameras as part of alarm installation?
donnelbg

Jaysus, brazen lad. They/he robbed a good few houses in Beresford that night. Little scumbag. You reckon the guards come out to take fingerprints?
John Blowick

Yeah they do come out and take prints but that is the last you will hear of it !
pat mustard

there were break ins in Somerton Friday am,i live there, but not affected ...yet.

we all know this but worth actually doing ,now we move into the long effn miserable autumn/winter darkness... :(

Light up your houses at ground level, these scumbags hesitate if lit, cheap cam recordings are useless for Gardai evidence,but are handy for the "skip-this-house" if the gobshites actually do spot them and move on.

if you go for a wizz during the night, (like i do, middle age, :D ) pop your head out the bedroom window, sure you're awake a bit, (buy any cheap torch ) shine it outwards and downwards - 30 second job - i do it ,wearly -, it all helps a bit.

am feeling a bit uneasy about noises early morning recently, "twisting my melon, man", if you remember the early 90s cracking music :)

Sympathy to the people who were broken into, would be good to hear their stories here and their concerns, so we all can reduce this shite happpening in our village.

Bottom line, no Gardai presence, we're easy fodder. apart from the cam outside Newbridge House recording vehicles, which we may not be privy to under law.but worth remembering.

probably a load of obvious guff.

Slainte.
Two pints of milk, mrs Doyle ?
McLovin

Awful thing to happen. But can I ask did the houses in question have house alarms and if so were they on?
donnelbg

On that night, in Beresford, nothing was broken into. They were opportunists, checking any open doors on cars and looking over the side gate. You’d be surprised how many doors are left open in an estate, I was anyway!
Bawner

I read in newsletter from Adrian Henchy that there was someone arrested in connection with recent robberies with stolen property in their possession.