creches

benson

Hi can anyone recommend a good creche in the area
Dubgirl

Linda's creche and montessori on the beaverstown road. Lovely family run creche.
gremlin

Yep Linda's creche is definitely recommended - were very happy with them.
benson

Thanks but unfortunately Linda's Creche is booked up, can anyone recommend the treehouse? as I have a viewing there tomorrow, thanks.
NewbieFeb15

Have my son in treehouse since Sept and so far he seems very happy there. Don't know how it compares to Linda's as I didn't check them out as they weren't that open to part time hours. He has become very sociable from being at Treehouse. I would definitely recommend it.
Vlad the Impaler

Treehouse is very good.
newtodonabate

For the ones in Treehouse, don't you see their small garden as a problem? Do you know how often the kids are taken outside?
cnibh1

Excellent one in Beverton- not entirely sure of the name
StarGazer

Hi Benson, trying to get a handle myself on what's available in the area. How did you get on in the end?
benson

Hi StarGazer, there are 2 creches open in Donabate currently Linda's ( which is always full so you might need to go on a waiting list) but gets good reviews and Treehouse, there is another opening in Beresford in Jan so you might get a place in there now. We put our son in the Treehouse but I don't recommend it for a number of personal reasons. If you can't get a place in any in Donabate then you may want to look further afield we looked in Swords there are a number of them so if you need names of any just let me know.
Malmal

Anyone could give me the names of any creches in the area and Swords which might be still available ..as I was left with no places for 2 kids... My children were suppose to start one of the most recommended in the area early September but suddenly I was told they couldn't hold on those places!! We lost them.. I can't believe how could it happened... But anyway I'm bit desperate now and the worst thing we are on holidays at the moment...

Any advise would be appreciated..
I specifically need creche... No childminder nor au pair...
Thanks
1stimer

Don't know the name of it but how about the place beside the Travel agents on the Main Street? Used to be Irene's Angels Montesorri but think it's run as a creche now?
benson

Hi the one in the village is called donabate kids and is a montessorri and after school only. When I was looking there are a few in Swords with good recommendations Oaklands, TLC, kids Inc and Tiglin you could try some of them it's very stressful I was in the same boat as you good luck.
Malmal

Thanks Benson!will do!
Is your son still in the Treehouse? Why wouldn't you recommend it?
Thanks a lot
FiGi

Hi there, we have recently bought a house in the area and are also looking for a crèche for our lo, can anyone recommend Donabate crèche & Montessori, I think its in the village? They have availability but I can't find any reviews online.

Thanks.
evebros

Hi everyone, I'm looking for a creche that has a place available from October 2019 onwards. Does anyone know if there are any options other than Treehouse that will take under-2 year olds? Thanks in advance.
RochelleD-Jones

does anyone have an email address for Linda's creche ?x
bronorton

Its all booked up at the moment.

You would be better to ring anyway
RochelleD-Jones

Does anyone know if/when any new Creches are due to be opened in the area ?

It really is mental trying to get a place anywhere right now.

Thanks in advance,
WelshinIreland

Hi everyone.

Really struggling to get a creche place (aren't we all)

Can I please hear off any parents or past parents who sent there child to TreeHouse, I am in two minds based on a few things and would love some first hand experience,

Thanks

Rochelle
Amjam

Hi, I’d be interested to hear some views too as am also struggling. I went to view it and wasn’t convinced to be honest so have put their names down in a crèche in swords but obviously Donabate would be a lot more convenient.

Thanks
Donners10

WelshinIreland wrote: 19 Sep 2019, 21:51 Hi everyone.

Really struggling to get a creche place (aren't we all)

Can I please hear off any parents or past parents who sent there child to TreeHouse, I am in two minds based on a few things and would love some first hand experience,

Thanks
Last edited by Donners10 on 28 May 2021, 12:12, edited 1 time in total.
Sunshine1

I also had my children in treehouse for many years up until recently and they were so happy there. The staff are lovely, yes it really needs an update and you won't get the unnecessary showiness (dare I say fakeness) of newer creches such as roots and wings, but it's a good creche with decent girls. My kids learned so much and looked forward to it every day.
Zo123

Other than needing a face-lift why does it have a bad reputation?