Bees Wax for Archer

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
RoverMEover

Hi

Wondering if I could get some bees wax of any local Bee keeper please?? I am a Archer and use bees wax to maintain the bow strings from fraying or breaking on my traditional archery bows.

I normally would get the bees wax from England, but lately the quality has been very poor and there is no sign of it improving for the moment. My only hope is a local bee keeper.

Thank you very much :-)
Vlad the Impaler

This is a previous post with a phone number...

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1942
Ste123

I found the stuff from these guys pretty good although it's been a while, so can't comment on whether the quality has dropped.
www.thelongbowshop.com/products/beeswax-bowstring-wax
There are guys in Mayo who might be worth a try if you haven't already www.flybowshop.eu and also Holland if you don't mind using google translate (or know Dutch) www.cupidoarchery.nl
RoverMEover

Hi

Thanks for the info.. I know Harold in Mayo, nice guy who runs the Flybow archery website.

Will continue to try and get some local bees wax. Less carbon miles and so on!!!

Thanks again
Awojtu

Hi I have 600g pure beeswax if you interesting 0866015770
donnelbg

I also have bees wax from the hives from time to time. PM me if you need some.
RoverMEover

Hi Donnelbg,

Awojtu was able to sort me out with some bees wax. I do tend to use a lot of bees wax due to long practice sessions during the autumn and winter months so I may take you up on your offer soon. Sorry for my slow response as I have been away the past two weeks.

Thanks again for the offer and will chat to you soon Donnelbg :)