New Houses at Beresford

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
rataan

Has anybody got any spare front door keys cut since they moved in? I've asked 2 different key cutting places for a price and they both said 15 euro per key. Seems a bit excessive. A normal front door key costs 4 euro to cut, but these larger keys seem to be more expensive. Has anybody managed to find somewhere more reasonable?
Austy

Unless they've changed the lock since the final Beverton phase, I got a load cut in Woodies at about 3-4€ a key.
rataan

Thanks Austy, I didn't know Woodies do it. I'll try there.

I don't know either if they've changed key since the final phase of Beverton. The Beresford key that I have is a big awkward yoke, looks like an old car key, but I don't see how it should cost 15 euro to cut one.
Bcshocst2017

Last edited by Bcshocst2017 on 29 Jun 2017, 15:31, edited 1 time in total.
Austy

Best bet is to contact Aidan Hora, his number is on their website. No management company, these are private homes and the estate will eventually be taken in charge of Fingal CoCo. Affordable housing, don't know of any in current development but some is planned for the extended section. This is usually the case in all new developments.
Lainey_B01

Hi,

Just popping up a recommendation for servicing the air to water unit. Recommendation is Heatamechheatpumps.ie

We have got our unit serviced twice. Went with this provider after hearing that number of other houses were not connected correctly on moving in. First service didn't spot this.

Hope to see reduction in bill's over next few weeks.
Apples16

rataan wrote:Has anybody got any spare front door keys cut since they moved in? I've asked 2 different key cutting places for a price and they both said 15 euro per key. Seems a bit excessive. A normal front door key costs 4 euro to cut, but these larger keys seem to be more expensive. Has anybody managed to find somewhere more reasonable?

Did you get the key cut? I've tried in two separate places (Woodies in Airside & a small locksmith in Swords), neither could do the key -"Avocet"
Austy

Apples16 wrote:Did you get the key cut? I've tried in two separate places (Woodies in Airside & a small locksmith in Swords), neither could do the key -"Avocet"

From the look of your Avocet key online, it looks like a security type key that wouldn't be cut in the likes of Woodies. In the first instance, I'd ask the builder to point you in the right direction, after that I'd look at going direct to the manufacturer (ABS) to get new keys cut.
By the looks of it, you can register your keys on the ABS website: https://www.abs-secure.co.uk/pages/regi ... s-key-code
Ste123

There is a locksmith on Aungier Street that will do them for 20euro
Apples16

Austy wrote:
Apples16 wrote:Did you get the key cut? I've tried in two separate places (Woodies in Airside & a small locksmith in Swords), neither could do the key -"Avocet"

From the look of your Avocet key online, it looks like a security type key that wouldn't be cut in the likes of Woodies. In the first instance, I'd ask the builder to point you in the right direction, after that I'd look at going direct to the manufacturer (ABS) to get new keys cut.
By the looks of it, you can register your keys on the ABS website: https://www.abs-secure.co.uk/pages/regi ... s-key-code
Thank you!
Apples16

Ste123 wrote:There is a locksmith on Aungier Street that will do them for 20euro
Thanks
RPB81

Hello - has anyone had any issues with controlling the solar panels on houses in the Beverton/Beresford? If so - is there someone you can contact? Have looked up this label online and come back with nothing.
newtodonabate

Any Beresford residents interested in having a whatsapp group for the estate only? Can be a good platform to exchange ideas about service providers, organize play dates and complain about Hora (just kidding about the last one :)
Apples16

newtodonabate wrote:Any Beresford residents interested in having a whatsapp group for the estate only? Can be a good platform to exchange ideas about service providers, organize play dates and complain about Hora (just kidding about the last one :)
Absolutely, that's a good idea. If you want to setup a group, i'll DM you & we can go from there.
FYI, there's already an email group for Beresford
Mr. Stupid

McLovin wrote:I can see you point.
I can also see it from the point of the Beverton people who bought houses in cul de sacs who could well have hundreds of people passing there house each day.

Beresford people will say let them walk through Beverton if it frees there road. Beverton don't want them coming through there cul de sacs and we say let them go through the new road.

It's lose lose
It's hypocritical to claim Beverton shouldn't have a walkway to let people from another estate bring their kids to school safely when a large number of Beverton people use the Ballisk walkway everyday.

While it's good to see some more progressive thinking from some people in Beverton the way others (looks like a dwindling minority thankfully) treat new people in the community is depressing. All that land was zoned when you bought your houses. Kinnane owned all the land and was always going to develop on it. The various local area plans said there will be walkways to provide quicker routes to the village for all new estates and walkways are in place on the other side of Donabate providing shorter walks to schools etc. The LAP also gave indication of potential densities etc so all this information was available to you when you bought (presuming it was in the last 10 years). Could you imagine if Ballisk residents decided to close that gate and Beverton were locked in? Would Beverton have a leg to stand on if they are refusing access to their neighbours? Please try to reflect and get some positive community spirit back.
newtodonabate

Apples16 wrote:
newtodonabate wrote:Any Beresford residents interested in having a whatsapp group for the estate only? Can be a good platform to exchange ideas about service providers, organize play dates and complain about Hora (just kidding about the last one :)
Absolutely, that's a good idea. If you want to setup a group, i'll DM you & we can go from there.
FYI, there's already an email group for Beresford
sounds good! didn't know about an existing mailing list!
Robfinn86

Hi all,
Seen good few asking about garden sheds, canopys etc. I got emerald flooring to build my garden shed, was built to measure couldn't be happier. Kevin also laid floors in our house and did the staighre. Couldn't recommend him enough! His number is 0879176168. Anyone wants look at his work just pm me no prob to call in 8-)
Bill_Lumbergh
Site Admin

Robfinn86 wrote:Hi all,
Seen good few asking about garden sheds, canopys etc. I got emerald flooring to build my garden shed, was built to measure couldn't be happier. Kevin also laid floors in our house and did the staighre. Couldn't recommend him enough! His number is 0879176168. Anyone wants look at his work just pm me no prob to call in 8-)
What size was the shed, was it block or wood and how much did it set you back?
Robfinn86

hi Bill,
the shed was made to measure he just got bale of wood delivered. cost really depends on type of roof you want i went for a more expensive tile style roof. my shed is 12 x 8 feel free to call into see it anytime :P
Robfinn86

sorry bill just pm message me ill give you my address :)
cbc

Oh is there no attic stairs/ladder. One i got a look around had one, i didn't ask but assumed it came as standard. Crap something else to budget for.
Robfinn86

No they charge you extra something like 500.
Quick question there is small bit copper pipe at side of house and sometimes it drips out water anyone know what that is?
Thanks
Mr. Stupid

So the last phase gets planning permission. The issues with access have already been well articulated on the forum but planning condition 29 is a big one. The developer is obliged to pay 629,836 for his shortfall of open space of 10,371 square metres. So that’s 2 acres of open space missing. Surely, it would much more sense to insist on this open space and reduce the number of houses accordingly, take pressure off the one access road and the make it like the rest of the estates in Donabate which all have decent open green spaces?
cbc

Robfinn86 wrote:No they charge you extra something like 500.
Quick question there is small bit copper pipe at side of house and sometimes it drips out water anyone know what that is?
Thanks
Thanks for the info. Any other "hidden" costs that would be good to know about?

Regarding the pipe, would it be a overflow pipe of some sort?(Best guess/terrible guess)
Defcom

Anyone have any info on when the last 6 houses where the green sheds, builders yard are will be started