Boarded up Cottage on Turvey Avenue

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
Archdale

Does anyone know who owns the boarded up Cottage on Turvey Avenue (the one beside Beverton Court Apartments not the one in Beresford). I seem to remember that a bit of work was done on it months ago (prob around the time the footpath was widened) to tidy it up but now anytime I go passed the alarm seems to be ringing 24/7. Must be quite annoying for the people living closest to it.
Flatfoot

Did the council buy it? that then allowed them to widen the footpath. I don't know where I heard that. It also looks like the metal gate were stolen some time ago.
housey

I've been wondering the same. The alarm has been going for at least a week now.
Austy

The alarm has been going for the last 3 months!!
Archdale

There's a couple of guys from the council there now, they've gained access and switched off the alarm
RoverMEover

Drove by that small cottage this morning around 8am.. The alarm is still going?? If it was turned off yesterday. Well, it still ringing now!!!

They may have to come back and just disconnect the alarm. Must be very annoying for those living close to it...
Its EB

I passed by it this morning and it was off. It must have been a right pain for the people in the apartment block that backs on to it.
Mr. Stupid

This happens to alarms once they are about 10 years old. They can just fail beyond repair and need to be replaced.
RPB81

Does anyone know what the plans are for this cottage? Also, is there plans for a path further along Turvery where you have to cross at a blind spot?