New Houses at Beresford

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
aido123

In relation to the extra houses, looks like they are going back to the applicant for more details. The decision is up on the fingal planning website. It seems they want to have an entrance linking Beverton & Beresford, which would only be used for emergencies. Any idea how that would work?
Herder

I had launched on objection and just saw the list of additional info that the council requires from the developer. It seems that the access through Beresford is not any issue for the council. Madness!
ppoppa

Access post construction has not been recognised as an issue, but access during the construction phase has been.

http://documents.fingalcoco.ie/Northgat ... 545681.pdf
CM27

I'd like to believe if they can find a separate entrance during construction, they can use it for the new development afterwards as well
newtodonabate

CM27 wrote:I'd like to believe if they can find a separate entrance during construction, they can use it for the new development afterwards as well
Definitely makes sense, the question is will it be done if not required by fingal county council...
Mr. Stupid

If people are still concerned about this they can take it to An Bord Pleanala. http://www.pleanala.ie/
CM27

Hi all,

In case you haven't already heard, one of the residents has organised another meeting for this evening (Monday 6th) in Donabate Portrane Community Centre at 6:30pm. The agenda for the meeting will be an update on the application, the next stages, etc. In attendance will be councillors Adrian Henchy and Paul Mulville, as well as Darragh O'Brien TD.
BIDMU

Hey everyone, I know this isn't following on from the conversation but I just wanted to give people a heads up. I accidentally left my car unlocked last night in my driveway and this evening I found someone had routed through my car and stole some money and my sunglasses. Nothing major missing thankfully and very much a crime of opportunity but just wanted to let people know to keep an eye out.

Also if you come across someone selling orange Polaroid sunglasses, can you let me know please
triton

Hi all,

Just moved into Beresford Gardens, delighted with the house apart from one small issue, I can hear my neighbours squeaky doors. Now I cannot hear anything else, no noise from Children, but a screeching squeak every time time they open/close their doors.

Hopefully they will see this on here, otherwise I'll have to call over for a cup of sugar and try grease the doors up myself :lol:
Fordius

triton wrote:Hi all,

Just moved into Beresford Gardens, delighted with the house apart from one small issue, I can hear my neighbours squeaky doors. Now I cannot hear anything else, no noise from Children, but a screeching squeak every time time they open/close their doors.

Hopefully they will see this on here, otherwise I'll have to call over for a cup of sugar and try grease the doors up myself :lol:

Hi Triton
Should be getting my keys to the Gardens next week. You could always call over with the line "Hi, just new to the area and handing out random gifts to my nearest neighbors. Here's a can of WD40"
pat mustard

Did all the local reps turn up to this meeting? just being cynical and er..realistic.
Gra28

BIDMU wrote:Hey everyone, I know this isn't following on from the conversation but I just wanted to give people a heads up. I accidentally left my car unlocked last night in my driveway and this evening I found someone had routed through my car and stole some money and my sunglasses. Nothing major missing thankfully and very much a crime of opportunity but just wanted to let people know to keep an eye out.

Also if you come across someone selling orange Polaroid sunglasses, can you let me know please
Hi BIDMU - the same happened myself, I too accidentally left my car unlocked on the night of Sunday 5th February. The next morning the car boot and compartments within the car were left open, obviously looking for money. No sign of attempted robbery of the car. The only item which was taken was an expensive pair of Ray Bans. There was also a smell of smoke in the car.
CM27

Beresford Residents' Association meeting Parish Hall
Tuesday 28th Feb – 8.30pm

Dear neighbour,

Given the recent planning concerns related to new development behind the Beresford estate and following contact by a number of residents with local councillors and TDs, it has been suggested that we look to form a residents' association.

As such, a meeting has been arranged for all residents of Beresford for Tuesday 28th February at 8.30pm at the Donabate Parish Hall (across from the church) to discuss the formation of residents' association. While the initial goal of the association will be to deal with ongoing planning concerns, it will also help ensure the future health of Beresford estate

Agenda on the Night
· Update on current planning application situation
· Formation of committee – Positions to be filled Chairperson, Secretary, Treasurer, General committee members
· Response to new development

Those interested in becoming part of the committee can propose themselves on the night or can register their interest in advance by emailing Beresford.donabate@gmail.com

We look forward to seeing you there. For any questions or to RSVP your attendance for Monday night, please also email Beresford.donabate@gmail.com
Apples16

CM27,

How did this meeting go?
Was there an update on the planning application?

thanks
CM27

Hey,

meeting went well with good attendance

No update on planning at this stage, the request for additional information from the developer is still outstanding, once they submit the information, it will be reviewed by the council
CM27

Hi All,

some news on the planning front

http://www.independent.ie/business/iris ... 13789.html

This was published today in the independent

In recent weeks, Fingal County Council have put on hold plans by Oakston Property Company Ltd for 286 homes close to Beaverstown Golf Club while the council has also placed on hold plans by Mr McNamara's Roxtip Ltd to construct 36 homes off Beaverstown Road.
The Council has also put on hold plans by Keelco Ltd for a mixed-use development at Turvey Avenue that included 33 apartments, while new plans have recently been lodged by McGarrell Reilly Homes for the construction of 196 houses and 62 apartments on lands off the Hearse Road, Donabate.
[/i]
Apples16

CM27 wrote:Hey,

meeting went well with good attendance

No update on planning at this stage, the request for additional information from the developer is still outstanding, once they submit the information, it will be reviewed by the council
Glad to hear it was well attended, we're moving in soon so I'll be looking to go then
Ms sunny

Yesterday I noticed that there is a planning permission request up outside the crèche. Apparently it's up since 22nd Feb.

They are looking for planning permission to increase the capicity of children from 42 to 60..... That seems like a lot of extra traffic in the estate considering all the drop off and collects. Also they have about 6 parking spots (including staff) so I can imagine there will be a frenzy of parking at these times
They are also looking to do external and internal alterations of the crèche facility to" meet crèche operator requirements"

As I plan to buy just around the corner I do have great reservations regarding this and will be ojecting. The crèche is only open a month so it isn't even clear what the effects on the estate are with their current enrolment of children attending and realistically this cannot be proberaly assessed until the surrounding houses have been completed

Also please note that this facility will not just be used as a crèche during daytime hours but as per their Facebook page they plan to run courses from 7-9.30 pm at night.

For anybody else who plans to object the sign has 'apparently' been up from the 22nd of Feb so you have 5 weeks from this date to do so which brings us up to the25th/26th
Ghjk123

Reference is F17A/0108
Submissions/Observations to this application may be made on or before 03-Apr-2017

Roots and Wings at Beresford
@rootsandwingsatberesford

Seems to be a spinoff of the creche in Beverton which runs evening parenting courses.
Apples16

Evening all,

Can anyone recommend a good "blinds" company/person?

Ideally looking for someone to make & hang the blinds in Beresford

Thanks
Apples
AN Other

Hi Apples,

We went with ACME blinds - they have a shop on the main street in Swords as far as I can remember.

Found them very reasonable.
Kerryblowins

We went with http://www.waterfrontinteriors.ie/about-us/ after a recommendation from friends. Great service. Good clear communication. Informative sales guy in Drogheda. I'd recommend them.
Apples16

thanks folks
Stella

Hi All,

I have noticed a few houses have a canopy/shed on laneway at side of house, can anyone advise who did this for them? Have searched online but no luck.

Thanks a mill!
Flatfoot

Guys out taking levels on Beverton Drive this weekend. Wonder are they trying to divert traffic through Beverton there are a number of Cul de Sacs that could be used as access from Beresford. May be worth keeping an eye on.