Anti Social Behaviour.

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
concernedM

More house breaks in Fairways and Spires last night (13Feb).
occurred around 0500hrs . 2 or 3 young guys (around 18-20) spotted running between Fairways and Links.
Tried to steal cars
Some stolen property recoved from green area -wallet and cards.
Guards responded quickly and believe they have 2 guys from Balbriggan
Be on your guard
bronorton

A long overdue to some of the responses, especially Bruce and Erin.

Always good to get an insight from those living in or close to the area
micropoodle

A look at the Fingal independent earlier threw up some interesting information on young violent criminals living in Donabate, one of whom was convicted only a few days ago. A quick google shows multiple court cases involving the same individual (s).

Interesting to see where they live ......
Vlad the Impaler

Can you post a link to one of these court cases. Can't find the story on Fingal Independent website.
Vlad the Impaler

Actually, all you need to do is Google hazel grove theft donabate, and you get a number of interesting articles.
Vlad the Impaler

.. and this guy was in Donabate to visit his niece? I wonder where she was staying?

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/co ... 26787.html
Vlad the Impaler

.. and I wonder who this guy was in Donabate to visit.

Hope the mother is recovering. Hope he's not (sorry, but I'd be lying if I said otherwise).

http://www.herald.ie/news/carjacker-tri ... 58321.html
Derek

The above issues illustrate that the lack of prison space is a big an issue as the lack of police. Career criminals should not be out in the streets and should receive suitably stiff sentences to protect the public
Vlad the Impaler

Unfortunately it also illustrates the Sophia Housing/Hazel Grove is a magnet for criminals from outside the area.
micropoodle

exactly. and instead of being so damn PC about it, our politicians should be making a whole lot of noise about this.

but we will be having this same conversation next year and the year after etc etc. Except it will get a whole lot worse
1stimer

Being pc is all well and good until you start loosing sleep over this kind of stuff. I think a lobby group or something of residents and put together a few ideas might be in order. They've stooped so low their stealing the milk deliveries in the mornings outside houses...
Dairymilk

Ok i wouldnt normally comment on stuff like this but i cant hold back..
1.the first artical has nothing to do with sophia residants or its visitors...
2.niether those the second
3.sophia housing residants stealing milk....really???
4.there are 8 empty houses here...all trouble is gone...its just the sad part of sociaty that people like you clutch at straws trying to point your finger
5.iv never been arrested,no anti social behavioural orders,never done drugs,rare my kids with manners and respect like most residants!!
6.dont be under any illusion...90% of us hate living here...because we are talked about day in day out...kids not invited to birthday partys or play dates,being blamed for what past residants have done! Being the outcasts...why??? Because once upon a time we needed a hand?? We had nower to go?? I hope to god one day your kids/loved ones dont fall upon the same faith one day!! Rant over...better go steal some milk ;)
alkaline

Dairymilk, I respect your honest viewpoint on Sophia. In any area, its never the majority always the minority. Best of luck, Keep stealing milk.
Derek

A woman and child were going door to door in The Links yesterday selling cigarettes. Gardai were called, outcome as of yet unknown.
mars16

After reading some of the recent posts I was interested in what has been reported in the papers about crime in the area. I've come across this article (others also available about this individual)
I'm very surprised that the management of Sophia housing has this type of person living there especially since there are young children living there.

http://www.herald.ie/news/courts/teenag ... 47986.html
Harry Byrne

I'm glad someone told him to stick his drugs up his arse.
Ms Undecided

Hi all,

I am looking at buying a property beside Hazel Grove which I just recently found out about as I am not from this area. Everything I had read was negative until Dairymilks comment above. From other negative comments it says that people are outside off their head, stealing etc. Has this calmed down now/. from newspaper reports it looked like it was mainly linked to one or two people.

Also what is people view on living in Donabate with young kids? Are you happy in the area?

Thanks,
Ms. Undecided
Ken
Site Admin

We have young kids and are very happy with the area. Yes, Donabate has it's problems with anti-social behaviour, but so does everywhere else.

You'll notice that while there are threads on this site that are negative, they tend to be few and far between.

I think this is a great location with great amenities and a super place to bring up kids.

That said, if I win the lotto, I'll move to Malahide. They've a better class of anti-social behaviour over there.
Regards,

Ken.
patsman

I am living here nearly 30 years and haven't seen much evidence of anti social behaviour. . I do frequent the local pubs and am around the village a lot. There were some people allegedly selling drugs in the village but it seems to have moved on somewhere else. I was broken into once about 20 years ago . There are kids hanging around the shopping centre I think that's normal enough in similar villages.
John Blowick

Did i see the Indo this morning about commuter trains being delayed due to anti social behaviour in Donabate ?
Spider

A friend posted on facebook that a rock was thrown through a train window just after Donabate this morning.
Flatfoot

Got to the train station about 7.30 this morning and the Garda were talking middle-aged woman away , seemed the worse for drink or drugs not sure which. She didn’t look the usual scumbag type, rough night maybe.

Also Fair play to Irish rail making announcements and Tweets about anti social incident in Donabate causing delays, made a nice change from low rail adhesion or swans on the tracks :evil: .