Eir Broadband performance

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
Derek

I'm currently with Virgin for home phone and broadband but am finding their speeds becoming progressively poorer, and the quality of the WiFi signal weaker than what we had with our old Eircom router. Even though our Eircom set up was quite good, we moved provider as UPC beat them hands down for cost effectiveness and performance then.

We're now considering a switch back to Eir as the deal we've been offered is very attractive. Before committing to this, can anyone who is currently with EIr comment on how well or otherwise they find their broadband nowadays please?
Ken
Site Admin

been with Eir since the beginning and find eFibre pretty bulletproof. I've never had an issue with it.
Regards,

Ken.
jack white

No problems at all with Eir. They've got those fibre cabinets all over Donabate so it's easy to get high broadband speeds. It's always very reliable.
SMcG

Same here - with Eir over 2 years now, a lot of streaming in our household and never any issues with speeds at all!
Sydney

We've been with them for yonks and won't be changing.
We've people working from home & 4 in DCC with iPads & h/w & projects etc.

If you've got a deal, go for it!
Eoghanaldo

I would echo that about Eir being bulletproof. We're out in Corballis and the only real option out here but thankfully the best option. Would highly recommend and have had no need to talk with customer service whatsoever since installation. If you've got a good deal, take it!
Derek

Thanks for the feedback folks, Eir it is so!
acdublin

For the sake of balance, I'll offer our recent/current experience. Our Eir broadband was basically faultless for two years until mid August when we started having problems. It was an intermittent fault where the broadband would cut in and out for hours at a time (a problem when your tv comes down the Internet). Over the past two months we've had fifteen visits from their engineers, each time we were told that the problem was fixed and each time broadband went down again within hours or a couple of days. Unless an engineer called and missed you at home they wouldn't make appointments for visits. When the engineer got fed up they just sent another modem to us (we've quite the collection). After six weeks we made an official complaint to the e-mail address provided (you don't seem to be able to escalate on the phone) and it and its follow up were not even acknowledged. It was very frustrating. Their processes for handling technical issues seem to be very restrictive and if something difficult to fix like an intermittent fault occurs, they don't seem to have a method for following through over a few days. You just have to keep going back to the phoneline and repeat the same thing over and over again. I'd say we spent 20 hours on the Eir service line between us.

In better news, last week an engineer called, did exactly what all the others have done and we haven't had a problem since. They also credited the broadband portion of our bill for the time it was down.

We'd change provider only Eir bundles are by far the most economical way to have mobile, tv, broadband and home phone. We've also built long-term friendships with the staff at the Eir call centre.
Harry Byrne

Lol - "We've also built long-term friendships with the staff at the Eir call centre"
jayflame

I'm an ex BT Ireland and Eircom Broadband Support Technician.
Had an account with Vodafone at Home for 2 years until their service went to pot.
Since I knew more than those at the end of the phone, I moved to Eir 18 months ago.

New phone socket and router.
Getting speeds I should be and have never the need to call Eir to date.

Hopefully, moving to Eir, you will not look back