Experiences with Community College

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
links96

https://issuu.com/seanfitz09/docs/pages ... ee484e01/1 here's a link to the north county leader where the results of the 8 kids who got over 500 from dcc were published! And yes we all knew what the institute results were from people asking around. Top there was 585 and the other five were between 490 and low 500s if I remember correctly :)
1stimer

Be very interesting to see the College Progression Stats this year. I'd imagine the Dep of Education school inspection report will be out soon. Anyway wish the students sitting the Leaving the best of luck.
links96

Plus I'm pretty sure that journalist went to every school in Fingal so as you can see DCC is up there as one of the best in north county Dublin, even though it gets a lot of bad press it really is a solid school in my opinion.
james

Too much information for one individual it smells
SB123

Our eldest started in Donabate Community College this year. I am delighted to say that we are very happy with the school. Excellent teachers, very approachable deputy and principal. Assignments marked to push and challenge. Has joined the school band, participated in a Harry Potter quiz hosted by DCC and attended by neighbouring schools. We have a happy teenager in our house.
Donabateuser31

Delighted to hear that. My daughter started in DCC in September also and I have nothing but positive things to say about the school so far. She is really enjoying school and has settled better than we could have hoped for. I have phoned the school on a number of occasions and got a call back within hours. Long may it last!!
Vlad the Impaler

Good to hear.

Curious to know why parents need to contact a school so much.
SB123

Our contact was in relation to a subject choice. Dealt with in a caring and efficient manner.
topsyturvey

It is great to hear the positive stories...doubtless there are issues as many schools have but there has been no balance to the way the school has been portrayed. My neighbours daughter stuck with the school thru to leaving cert and she did brilliantly as did her friends and she got her first choice in DCU. Another positive experience.
mirror

Is it true that this is the last year for the iPads ?
SB123

Haven't heard about any change in policy of using iPads. I would be in favour of them, and there was an option this year to buy books too, which we did.
Needless to say the books have not been touched.
Donabateuser31

My reasons for contacting the school was firstly about subject choice, then problem with iPad apps and finally a question about fees for a practical subject. All dealt with quickly.