Roofer needed

Handymen, etc. put your services in here
Loo

Could anyone recommend a roofer/ roofing company? I have a problem with the flashing around my chimney which is leaking and really want to get this fixed as soon as possible.Recommendation would help- otherwise its the golden pages !! Thank you
Quello Serio

When some ridge caps blew off my house in The Links about a year ago, I found a roofer on the Internet: 086 4661654. I can't remember the name, or the company, but I'd use them again. They did what they said they would, when they said they would, and although I also can't remember the price, it wasn't extortion. It being on the top of a two storey house, I couldn't inspect the work, but I have no reason not to trust that it was done well.
Derek

Quello Serio wrote:When some ridge caps blew off my house in The Links about a year ago, I found a roofer on the Internet: 086 4661654. I can't remember the name, or the company, but I'd use them again. They did what they said they would, when they said they would, and although I also can't remember the price, it wasn't extortion. It being on the top of a two storey house, I couldn't inspect the work, but I have no reason not to trust that it was done well.
Can I ask what you were charged for a ridge tile replacement?
Quello Serio

Sorry, I can't remember. At the time, it didn't strike me as unreasonable, and I'm not flaithulach with my hard earned cash, so I'd guess that it was in the region of €150. No more than that. They re-pointed the complete line of the roof, so its quite visible.

I was very relieved that the tile had missed the car, so was very keen to make sure that another one didn't come down.
Derek

Quello Serio wrote:Sorry, I can't remember. At the time, it didn't strike me as unreasonable, and I'm not flaithulach with my hard earned cash, so I'd guess that it was in the region of €150. No more than that. They re-pointed the complete line of the roof, so its quite visible.

I was very relieved that the tile had missed the car, so was very keen to make sure that another one didn't come down.
Thanks for heads up - I agree that it's small money in the grand scheme of things. I've a loose ridge tile but I think the whole things needs repointing too and I'd rather get it done than risk someone's injury or worse.
Loo

Thanks for all your help with this. Ending up using a contact I got through a builder I know. Happy to say it was a slight leak in the flashing and the water channel was blocked. All fixed now which is great.
Mikekally

I know it's an old thread, but wondering if anyone has current recommendations for roofers? We have some leaks around chimney flashing and window leads, want to get sorted asap.

Also, wondering if they'd help strip dead ivy off tiles while they're up there?