Coach on Main street causing traffic

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
burrowbloke

Anyone happen to catch the name/number on the coach that was parked on main street this morning. I was lucky and only had to queue for 10mins behind it but my wife who left the house a few minutes after me was alot longer. She joined the queue when it was back past the community centre.

Absolute d**k of a driver thought it would be ok to stop the bus outside the church carpark to load electric picnic goers. Caused mayhem for people coming from the portrane area and also people trying to turn right onto the mainstreet from the supervalue area.

Defo want to call the company
Harry Byrne

Jaysus, the traffic was appalling from all angles in the village this morning. Schools, picnickers, whatever.
Sleepy

Was wondering what the hold up was! Still very new to the area so was wondering if this kind of thing was normal!
Donabate Hatter

Wondered what is was, wife was not happy as missed train to work.
rdmwalsh

Corduff Travel - based in Co Mayo; as I had missed the train myself I had a few minutes to ring and complain. That if they are ever picking people up here again to please organise themselves better. By all means call and complain - more likely they might pay heed and have a bit of consideration for other road users.
Ghjk123

So that's why I missed train and had to drive into the city and back in rush hour traffic. Thanks for info, will be onto those guys for an earful

Any idea who hired them?
burrowbloke

Just appeared to be a load of local teens that hired it. The teens were taking photos and laughing about the traffic - pity the driver didnt take as much notice and moved the coach into the carpark or off the main road.

Email is info@cordufftravel.ie