Eir

Scallywag

Hi guys
A rep from Eir called today to see if we were interested in switching .
I am just wondering if the service of €71 for 2boxes phone and broadband is too good to be true . Let me know
Thanks
Ken
Site Admin

There are drawbacks with the Eir TV service. Firstly, their content is SD, you have to pay extra for HD and they don't have near as much HD content as Sky. Secondly, the TV service is delivered through broadband. If you have broadband problems, then you've got TV reception issues also. Heavy use of your broadband could also impact the TV reception.

We have Sky, but got their TV service as a standalone for the kids room. As a comparison to Sky, it doesn't stack up IMO, but then it depends on what you're looking for as the price differential is significant.

We were told at the time that we couldn't have a second box as it would be too much for the broadband bandwidth. Maybe that's changed.
Regards,

Ken.
Spider

I know two people who changed to Eir and changed back to Sky within the 14 day period. We've been with Sky for years now, have them for TV, broadband and phone and I find it a very reasonably priced and reliable service.
jack white

I've got Eir for everything. TV, Broadband, Landline and four mobiles. Worked out much cheaper than previously (which was Sky for TV, Vodafone mobiles and Eir for broadband and landline).

No problems with the TV reception either. In fact, there was a crossover period of two weeks when we still had Sky and the picture quality on Eir looked slightly superior to my eyes.

My kids use colossal amounts of broadband and it never effects the TV at all. One slight issue is the absence of a couple of my favourite channels on Eir. I miss Sky Atlantic for instance. But overall, no complaints.