Flight Path

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
skej90

Morning,

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed a significant increase in aircraft noise over Donabate. Looking at the registered flight paths it looks as if the planes are meant to be flying over the rush estuary however looking at the flight radar it seems that they are flying directly over Donabate village. Difficult to enjoy a peaceful walk in Newbridge these days!
Ken
Site Admin

Can't say I've noticed much different in terms of flight paths recently. There is one flight path that flies directly over Donabate heading east. It's generally only used if planes are taking off in a westerly direction when they need to turn and head towards the UK/mainland Europe. It really depends on which way the wind is blowing. This was the case prior to the new runway opening so isn't new.
Regards,

Ken.
gruffalo

No, not something I have noticed to be honest.

I personally have to admit that with our close promoximity to the airport I do not notice as much noise as I would expect.
You know it’s cold outside when you go outside and it’s cold.
pat mustard

The wife says its me snoring, but deffo notice it.not too intrusive as we are here 15 years but a different sound ok..
Matsugawa

The new runway means more capacity and more flights, but like the other poster said it’s very much down to wind direction and destination in terms of determining how many flights go over Donabate. Some days there are lots, some days not many.
Donabatian

I think it’s busier in mornings 6-8am particularly perhaps more on the larger jets routes to UK and further afield..Weather plays a part also for flight paths for sure..Definitely one to keep an eye -ear for .. Think Fingal have what they deem a competent authority https://www.fingal.ie/news/monitoring-a ... in-airport
carrsmilion

I have noticed a massive increase in noise from planes. They are much more frequent and much louder.
I came here to post just this and saw there is a thread already.

Not good news as there is a lots of research that says it worsens your sleep and blood pressure even at levels you may not immediately notice and its terrible for wildlife.

Planes are flying much lower and more directly over Donabate now. It must be a consequence of the new runway but I have a feeling that they may have nudged flightpaths in our direction perhaps due to disgruntled southern neighbours.

As per recent Irish Times article:

"According to many in the surrounding communities, efforts to amend flight paths last month have made little difference, rendering some areas quieter but some noisier"

https://www.irishtimes.com/transport/20 ... way-noise/

Spend some time outdoors without talking or just in your house with no music or tv on and you will hear low rumbles on a very regular basis.
skej90

carrsmilion wrote: 10 Apr 2023, 18:21 I have noticed a massive increase in noise from planes. They are much more frequent and much louder.
I came here to post just this and saw there is a thread already.

Not good news as there is a lots of research that says it worsens your sleep and blood pressure even at levels you may not immediately notice and its terrible for wildlife.

Planes are flying much lower and more directly over Donabate now. It must be a consequence of the new runway but I have a feeling that they may have nudged flightpaths in our direction perhaps due to disgruntled southern neighbours.

As per recent Irish Times article:

"According to many in the surrounding communities, efforts to amend flight paths last month have made little difference, rendering some areas quieter but some noisier"

https://www.irishtimes.com/transport/20 ... way-noise/

Spend some time outdoors without talking or just in your house with no music or tv on and you will hear low rumbles on a very regular basis.
Great that someone else is hearing this, it looks like they have just stopped flying near ballyboughal (for obvious reasons) which means that instead of flying through the rush estuary and then banking down right past Lambay Island they are just flying directly over the south of Donabate. I have complained to DAA and waiting for their response. If anyone else is experiencing this it would be great if they could also raise it with local reps and DAA
carrsmilion

Thank you and I will email the DAA also.

I have emailed AircraftNoiseCA@fingal.ie
yelruf

I can understand the inquisitiveness of the Post but not the subsequent complaints about the Aero activities. As an old wise Man once told me "You moved closer to an Air Field, it did not move closer to you". The future will be brighter, quieter and more far reaching I believe and we will be lucky to live so close to such a International departure point.
tmcann

I see that the DAA is planning to install noise monitoring stations around North County Dublin, including one in Donabate.

Regards

tc
Lo-cal

Site Notice at the back of Donabate Community College

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 8740413315